Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 19-12-2006 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Most threads in here are looking for affirmation of a particular course of action, because normally, on here, the action needed is obvious. Unfortunately, the course of action is not so obvious here, so please be patient.

I'll keep this simple, and use paragraphs, to put myself ahead of most anonymous posters on PI ;)

There's this girl that I like. I mean, really like. She is kinda pretty, and really easy to talk to. She makes me feel comfortable, and I can't see myself ever becoming bored of her, as friend or girlfriend (at this moment we are neither, we have only talked a few times, but for various reasons had to spend many hours in each others company).
    Then she links to me on bebo, and leaves a comment, saying hello, and asking me if we should meet up over Christmas. I missed the second half, and only responded to her hello.
    So my problem is this. I really want to go out with her, but I appear to have coldly turned her down by completely ignoring her offer, and, having only noticed what I missed yesterday, have let the insult fester for several days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,268 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Something like this:

"Hi,

Sorry for not coming back sooner, things have been mad in the run up to Christmas because ____________ *

You suggested meeting up over Christmas. How about ____________ ? Give me a call if it suits. **

Cya

Bebo newbie
    089 9999999"

* I suggest putting in something worthwhile like exams, charity work, looking after the nieces and nephews while your sister did Santa shopping....

** If she doesn't call, leave it a day or two, don't look needy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Share with her what you just told us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ditto, tell her the truth.

That you were so excited to see a message from her that you eagerly responded without reading the whole message. And now you're embarassed and how about meeting up on X night @ X time & go to X place.

Be affirmative! Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Either of the above suggestions are good bebo newbie. It's not a big deal, if she likes you, she's not going to stop liking you completely because you didn't give her an answer yet.

Also, try saying "bebo newbie" five times fast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah! Thats the great thing about Bebo, other than meeting the unattached single children, nobody expects you to get back to them right away.
    Its not the kind of communication that needs that kind of quick answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think this may scare her off a bit maybe just what Victor said would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Why not just edit your comment and put in what you want to put in?
    :0

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Kebab

I like the first comment about re-replying just saying sorry christmas is mad, have been run off my feet etc.

She's already asked to meet up so she obviously wants to - believe me, she will be thrilled when you reply saying you want to meet up too...

K

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I seem to have been unclear, so I will clarify. I responded to her message already, but didn't notice the offer, so it looks like I was giving her the cold shoulder, because it means that she knows that I read the message, but ignored the part about us meeting. My fear is that she will have written me off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Just be honest - tell her you only saw the second part of the message just now and would LOVE to meet up over Christmas :-) Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Exactly. Say that youre so sorry, you just saw the second part of the comment now because youre an idiot but yeah, you guys should meet up. And then throw in a where and when it suits her.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Tell the truth, she'll appreciate it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

~nop~ wrote:
    Exactly. Say that youre so sorry, you just saw the second part of the comment now because youre an idiot but yeah, you guys should meet up. And then throw in a where and when it suits her.
    spot on bit of advice there imo.
    the longer you put it off, the further out the window your chance goes... just leave a comment already!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,268 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My fear is that she will have written me off already.
    I don't thinks so. Stop procrastinating and go do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I was in the similar situation, well my advice is, Meet her...No matter how bad you think it will be, it will be grand.

There was a girl I met on bebo, we chatted constantly for months, always "playing it cool" with each other, eventually she admitted it to her classmate that she liked me, we found out our true feelings for each other.

We chatted about it, and decided to be still friends, and stay as just friends(or many reasons), and all the usual. I hope you have learnt something from what i just said.

Get her number, start texting her, when you know her better, eventually just drop it slowly to her. Either way, Good Luck!...if you want any advice, just PM...I have been there, and done that..

Advertisement