Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Help

Options
  • 19-12-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone

I am a 17 year old boy and I find it quite difficult to talk to girls as I tend to get really shy.

I like a girl and would like to ask her out but I don't know if she is seeing someone atm and I have no way of finding out.

Should I just chance it and ask her out and see what happens?

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

go for it!!but we're not in america we dont go on dates!!just get friendly with her and if you click and get on well then why not ask her to the cinema or if she wants to meet up on a night out or somethin!!!you've nothing to lose!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

bite the bullet, worst case she wikk say no. the mre u think about it the harded it will becime, ont wait for that perfect moment, ask her face to face

bet of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I go on dates? So do loads of my mates.. Ask her on a date.. cinema, ice skating, whatever you're into like! Nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I agree, bite the bullet, ask her. How do you know this girl btw? is it in a way that you could spend one on one time with her? Get to know her a bit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try to get her alone, ask about school/work/christmas/etc.
    Ask questions, as this will show her you're interested in her life.
    Then ask "so... are you seeing someone?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Don't just blurt it out, especially if she doesn't know your personality. It will backfire. Say something like "Hi, my name's John", if she gives her name, she's open to conversation and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Get her number and text her?

If you text her and she keeps txting back your in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it!

I've known her for years but I liked her so much I couldn't find the confidence to talk to her when I was younger.

I kinda know she likes me but I thought she might think its strange I left it this long to say anything? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ask her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Ask her out!! And let us know how it goes ok?

The other thing that could help is if you have any mutual friends? They could let you know if shes with someone and her feelings on you but if not just go for it. Sure what have you got to lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I kinda know she likes me but I thought she might think its strange I left it this long to say anything? :(
    No, how is she to know that? You could have developed there extra feelings recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Nah he said he knows she likes him, you read it wrong, see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I kinda know she likes me
    How do you know this, but not know if she's seeing someone else?
    but I thought she might think its strange I left it this long to say anything? :(
    Nah, if she likes you, and is free, I can't see this being an issue tbh.

Look mate, I posted a thread in here on Saturday, it was locked, but anyway it basically boiled down to this. I liked a girl for a while, and on Friday night I took the plunge and kissed her. It was the best thing to do, because it was what she wanted too. I had an inkling she liked me too, so I just said feck it, and did it.

I went out with her again on Saturday, and we had dinner last night.

IMO, if you have any reason to think she might like you, then you have nothing to lose. So, she might say no, what will happen then - nothing world ending to be sure. You might be embarrassed, but so fecking what, at least you tried. No point going through your life with regrets about things you haven't done.

One of two things will happen.

1. She'll say yes, in which case happy days! You'd be glad then you did it.

2. She'll say no, in which case you'll get a mild case of the embarrassments for a while, but in a month TOPS you'll be over that and on here posting a thread about some other girl.

So, in short, you are seventeen, just go for it. Don't be one of these lads who's too timid to ask girls out, you'll regret it if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it!

I've known her for years but I liked her so much I couldn't find the confidence to talk to her when I was younger.

I kinda know she likes me but I thought she might think its strange I left it this long to say anything?
    :(

Don't leave it any longer then, ask her out to go to the cinema, coffee, dinner somewhere and follow it with a nice walk for a chat. See how it goes from there and let us know how you get on. Try not to be disappointed if she is with someone else though, keep your chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Thanks again everyone :) I'll go for it so! theres only one way to find out I suppose!!

Thanks ~nop~ yeah l'll let u know...just hope it goes good :P'

Advertisement