Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting off the dole

Options
  • 18-12-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hiya,

Ive been recieving unemplyoment asstiance for the last 5 weeks, ive gotten a job this week but its only for 3 weeks. Howdo i get off the dole. is a phone call suffice or will i need to supply evidence, the job pays bt cheque so i dont think i need my p45? is it possiblre to go back on the dole again when i finish the job?
    any advice apreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You need to "sign-off". Go to your local office and tell them you want to come off the dole and they will give you a slip that you sign and ask you where you will be working.

When there you could explain the situation regarding the length of employment and what happens afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

You can make a repeat claim once your job has finished. It should link to the previous claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

As I understand it, it used to be much easier to work your way off the dole by getting a couple of days' work a week (for which you didn't claim dole) and then working it up until you could make the jump.

This method seems to have been closed off by some genius, so you have to sign off and on again, with a wait before you're re-entitled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Thats not correct. You can work up to 3 days a week and retain some of your jobseeker's benefit / allowance provided you satisfy the conditions and are looking for work for the 3 other days in the week you are unemployed.

Advertisement