Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get an all in one Turntable player?

Options
  • 18-12-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Need to get one for the father for x-mas and I'm guessing its too late to order off the internet so I'll have to get it here (Dublin).

So does anyone know of a good place to get one.?Was thinking of one with a wooden finish like mahogany. Open to ideas tho!

Oh when i say all in one I just mean like a standalone turntable with its own speakers.

Thanking you in advance.
    Shanegggg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Argos or Irish Times collection type thing.... there's a DJ shop near the bridge in Capel street that has one or two in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

PC World in Swords had a USB turntable and a set of PC speakers setup on a stand. I wasn't actually playing but it looked like what you're looking for.

This is the turntable on dosplay. Not wooden but at this late stage . . . .

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Most shops that do hifi. Peats and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ZENER wrote:
    PC World in Swords had a USB turntable and a set of PC speakers setup on a stand. I wasn't actually playing but it looked like what you're looking for.

This is the turntable on dosplay. Not wooden but at this late stage . . . .

ZEN

That one is very well-rated. especially good for vinyl to digital conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I know you said this side of Christmas but this might be something worth waiting a few weeks for. All in one with built in speakers and AM/FM radio - wooden too !

Classic Norwich Turntable

Or this one - for that touch of nostalgia . . .

Canterbury Music Center

By the way don't let him use it on the bus, it's illegal !!:D
    No person while on the vehicle shall sing, perform on any musical or other instruments or use any audible radio, television, record player, tape recorder or portable apparatus.

From here !

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tesco do a standalone turntable also. Doubt if the quality will blow anyone away, but might be worth a look, if you've no luck elsewhere.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

BT2 in Dundrum and Grafton Street are selling a retro-styled turntable/CD/radio. Looks like a good enough unit.

Advertisement