Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Richard Hammond

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭

Richard Hammond will be on Jonathon Ross on Friday night. 10:35pm on BBC1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

bennyx_o wrote:
    Richard Hammond will be on Jonathon Ross on Friday night. 10:35pm on BBC1

Must watch this to see how hamster is getting on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Also, Top Gear is back on the 28th of January on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

cool!:cool:
    have to tape it, christmas do on friday night - roll on holidays:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This is on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

23.46 Hammond on now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Enjoyed the interview. He seemed a bit confused or something. Loved the bit about the kids and the eyepatch though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

just watched it ... great to see him back on the telly

i thought he looked a little shook still, and not terribly comfortable ... although he was sharp witted and engaging as ever

chuffed to bits that he's doing so well & looking forward to the return of top gear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good interview. You could certainly picture Clarkson starting the show like Hammond suggested in the pact: "As I'm sure you've heard, XYZ died tragically earlier this week. Anyway..." :D

If Hammond's got stick over something as trivial as his teeth getting whiter, I can't wait to see what happens on the first episode of the new series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He seemed a little more subdued, but still as good as ever. The eyepatch story was quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Great interview - he looks as good as new

Although not being able to drink alcohol for 2 years is a bit of a bitch but at least his now developed a taste for celery lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just watched the interview and I'd imagine he views that chat as the last word on the matter. He must be heartily sick and tired of talking about it.

Pity about the celery alright.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Barr wrote:
    Great interview - he looks as good as new

Although not being able to drink alcohol for 2 years is a bit of a bitch but at least his now developed a taste for celery lol
    Nothing better than a bit of 'weak lager'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I think I saw his hands shaking a fair few times throughout the interview, not looking particularly comfortable, although that may have been just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yep, thought it was just me inventing things, but he was definitely not 'himself'. A little bit confused I thought. I suppose it'll be easier to tell when top gear returns as I hadnt seen much of him outside of it anyway, so maybe thats how he normally is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Sorry to have missed this interview. Is it youtubed or anything yet? Go on the hampster;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 superape

The BBC website has a couple of pics from the crash, from Top Gear magazine...

1.jpg

more here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6273973.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

http://www.richardhammond.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=30

"Just days after doctors gave Richard Hammond the all clear, he was back in the saddle of a 170bhp Honda FireBlade.

The motorcycling weekly 'Motorcycle News' (MCN) gave Hammond the opportunity on the dull and damp streets of London.

Seconds after his ride he said "That’s why I ride a bike. I can come out of a TV studio or the big meeting doing grown up stuff but the moment I get on a bike I’m exactly the same person I was 15 or 20 years ago."

'I just can’t believe how good that was.' 'Even though I haven’t been on a bike since before my accident, it’s a bit of a grim wet day and I feel really out of practice it just makes perfect sense.'

'That ride, the quick wobbly ride with me looking like a nobber just made me realise why I love bikes and just what I started riding for all those years ago. Every ride I have ever done, all those rides in the pissing rain on a 50 back when I was 16, the commutes on a GSX-R750, chugging around on my Harley, stringing loads of miles together on my BMW R1150GS, they all make sense and came back to me in a split second.'

'I’m finding it fairly hard to work out how I feel because just getting back on a bike has been incredible.' It’s not like I had forgotten how to ride but I did have to really think about what I was doing. It still felt perfectly natural just my naturally cautious riding temperament has perhaps gone up a notch or two.'

For bikers, London can be a dangerous place. 'I've ridden in London for a long time and I do just assume everyone is trying to kill me but that natural survival instinct was even stronger today. I felt a natural connection to every single ride I have ever taken in my life. Seconds after heading out on to the roads I felt that feeling of total escape, total concentration was back with me. I do love cars but bikes are completely allied to freedom in my head.'

Richard went on the thank the readers of MCN. 'Some of the funniest goodwill messages were sent to me by bikers. I'm not going down the whole argument of 'we're used to disaster' but I think we all have a much clearer understanding of what life is all about."

Advertisement