Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra steering wheel controls and new car stereo

Options
  • 17-12-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Guys, I was thinking of going for a sony bt5000 car stereo but I seen lidl are doing a cheap bluetooth car stereo tomorrow morning, and tbh it does everything I want (bar aux in) and its a fraction of the price of the sony stereo.

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20061218.p.BluetoothCarRadio

My question is is there any way that I would be be able to install the lidl radio and still use the steering wheel controls in an 02 Opel Astra?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

siemens/vdo dayton use opel connections
    I found with opel that it was an expensive option on a headunit to use the controls.I doubt an unknown manufacturer would be concerned about interfaces on different cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

All you need is an adaptor as said above, about 60e though.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I used incarexpress.co.uk earlier in the year for much the same thing.

Send them an e-mail and they'll let you know which harness adapter you need to buy.

The only problem I had was tucking all the cables away so the radio would still fit in its slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

The one in Lidl is a real bargain and comes with a remote control- you can stick this on the steering wheel , maybe not as tidy looking but would service the same purpose as the steering wheel controls

• Advertisement
Advertisement