Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question to Girls

Options
  • 17-12-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

:eek: :eek:
    Quick question to the girlies.

Say you got approached on the dancefloor by some guy and you are interested in him, how would you show your interested?

This weekend I was trying to dance with this girl who was dancing with another girl. They weren't too displeased or anything but they moved to my side, and the one I was interested in was dancing infront of me quicte close. (Facing away)

Is this a good thing or a bad thing. Like what should I do next? Wait for her to to turn around / grind up to her/ dance closer/ stay there look like a muppet?

Also I find girls just dance up to you quickly teasingly for 30 seconds and go back into her group of friends, what's up with that? Is it because I am not showing enough interest by talking to her or something?

I find the dancefloor too loud to make a conversation or even say 'hi' for that matter.

What's the boards girls think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

drop of the hand?

no no, on second thoughts, that's probably a bad idea....

Like you said man, you can't make any kind of conversation on a dance floor, maybe if they dance up to you for 30 seconds or something and then head off, why not try and catch up with her later in the night and introduce yourself then instead.

If you try anything on the dancefloor without any serious signals then you run the risk of looking like a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

to be honest, Id never really give much thought to a guy who approached me on a dancefloor, you might dance with them for a minute and then turn back to your friends. Id never give an approach on the dancefloor a second thought, good for some flirty dancing but as you said yourself you cant even say hi so what do you really expect to happen?
    Approach when you can talk to us, we're really not that scary.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are you actually looking for a girl to date at these nicghtclubs or do you just want to get laid? Because tbh (like you said) you can't even talk to people on the dancefloor so there is no point in going for the first option unless you see her later at a quieter place in where you can go up to her and have a chat. For the second option, it's the usual advice. If you catch her eye give her a nice smile to let her know you're interested and move slightly towards her if she's further away. See if she'll dance with you and if she moves back to her friends, it's tough. You could be brave and still go over to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what are you 'interested' in?

a dance?
    a shift?
    a conversation?
    a life together?

if your looking for girls on a dancefloor i suspect your looking to "roide 'er rotten" so i guess all you can do is make with the eyes and do your sexy 'you could have ALL of this' dance. i stopped trying this nonsense ages ago and i'm very happy i did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Heres what i do (im a bloke ovbviously) but the girls probably wont like this.

When in a club or whereever, like you say its loud so you got to be impressive. (And i dont mean by tellin her you think she's gorgeous)

Im just an average guy but what i find works quite often is that you dance but dont try too hard, be cool n funky. A little funny in your dance too help like you dont really care.

Dance up beside a girl or her mates for a min and then turn your attention to a different set of girls next to them. Continue this trend for a while and assuming you pulled it off, they may even approach you.

Corny as it sounds, it does work as much as it doesnt!

Disclaimer - not every girl will be interested!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

to be honest, unless you're 17/18, this is all a bit juvenille, it's a dance floor ffs!! Nothing will happen, if you see someone, cool.. but don't do anything stupid, just keep an eye on her and catch up with her afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

guys coming up to me on the dancefloor... not my thing at all. when you're getting drinks or sitting down, a smile and eye contact is plenty to begin with. if it's returned, you know you're good. but leave out the dancing up to the girl till the initial contact is made and reciprocated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Killaq wrote:
    Are you actually looking for a girl to date at these nicghtclubs or do you just want to get laid? Because tbh (like you said) you can't even talk to people on the dancefloor so there is no point in going for the first option unless you see her later at a quieter place in where you can go up to her and have a chat. For the second option, it's the usual advice. If you catch her eye give her a nice smile to let her know you're interested and move slightly towards her if she's further away. See if she'll dance with you and if she moves back to her friends, it's tough. You could be brave and still go over to her.

care to elaborate? no i don't know the usual advice.:confused: just dance with her til the night ends and see if you get lucky is it? no talkiing invooved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

ferdi wrote:
    what are you 'interested' in?

a dance?
    a shift?
    a conversation?
    a life together?

if your looking for girls on a dancefloor i suspect your looking to "roide 'er rotten" so i guess all you can do is make with the eyes and do your sexy 'you could have ALL of this' dance. i stopped trying this nonsense ages ago and i'm very happy i did.

in anything really am pretty young. would be happy with a nice convo/number don't have to 'pull'

so what sensible thing are you doing these days, ferdi:confused: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Im not sure nightclubs are the best place if you are looking for a gf mate, I met my gf at a party, yeah there was drink involved but at least we could have a chat without having to scream. Also usually at parties girls are a lot more relaxed, because u are prob a friend of a friend, they do be very cautious in nightclubs which is understandable. I know everyone says clubs and societies are great to meet ppl, but its not the actual club, its the social life that goes with it, ya hav to get involved, so thats something else to look into.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, if you are a grand dancer, it might provide you with an introduction to chat later with her. But I would not try anything on the floor before knowing her. I do not dance to meet strangers, but rather with someone I know, so a dance floor approach would not work with me. But everyone is different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Approach when you can talk to us, we're really not that scary.

Thats what u think!!!

Scariest thing in the world is approaching a woman in a club. What to say? What to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

nollaig wrote:
    Scariest thing in the world is approaching a woman in a club. What to say? What to do?

Make eye contact. Smile. Introduce yourself. Find something "easy" to talk about at first - does she like the song that's playing atm? If she's wearing something original or a colour you like, compliment it (but not in a "that would look good on my floor" kind of way... ;)).

In my opinion there's only ONE rule, and that is DON'T TRY TOO HARD. Studied chatup lines and preplanned conversation is just sleazy... Sure, you might think you're making a complete idiot out of yourself, but if you make her smile, it might just work. (That's how my current partner got me, hehe!)

As for the original topic of dance floors, I don't normally look to get pulled on the dance floor. Maybe it's just me but if I'm out dancing with friends I can find it a little annoying if a guy just "leeches" on to us and won't move away. So yeah, a little eye contact, a smile or two, a bit of dancing beside her... innocent flirting then wait till she's going to get a drink and catch her.

I have to say though, I always found clubs bad for meeting people, you just tend to feel pretty selfconscious when you're starting out a conversation and have to scream. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

If u can dance thats all well and good but theres nothing worse than a guy on a dancefloor that cant dance!
    I'd go with the making eye contact and smiling approach, usually works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

I'd go with the making eye contact and smiling approach, usually works!

And if the girls doesnt smile back...

Most girls think you are some weirdo stranger smiling at them

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mrsmagoo

the one I was interested in was dancing infront of me quicte close. (Facing away)

In other words she had her back to you completely?!!

Sounds like you got blanked to me! If I am not interested in advances from a guy on a dancefloor, I face away and keep dancing with my friends. Normally isn't a lot of room to leave a lot of space.

Sounds like a case of "Talk to the Back cos the Face Aint listening"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I don't dance with people. People approaching me on the dance floor to dance with me are likely to get knocked out. Actually the only time I will dance with someone who I don't know is if it's "proper" dancing. You know all that twirling and whirling, not that bumping and grinding ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

In IRL wrote:
    :eek: :eek:
    the one I was interested in was dancing infront of me quicte close. (Facing away)

Nah dont you know anything thats the way its done. You then put your hands on her sides, dont keep them still though, and keep dancing with her or start grinding or whatever and if she wants to score you she'll spin around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

slap their ass, girls love that.

Or, try chat up girls who arent on the dance floor. the choice is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

wait till u see someone by the bar/in the smokin area etc and get talking!
    Sometimes its a little freaky when guys dance up beside you not everyones cupa tea!

Sayin that if ya make it funny ya could be in just nonea that smolderin eys or (ugh) hip thrusting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement