Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a USA HIFI TO WORK HERE on 22v

Options
  • 17-12-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    happy xmas tyo ye all
    didnt realise there was a section on boards for this,
    goin over to the states next month
    gonna bring back a technics scdv 290, unless u can suggest something better for the same money!
    how would i go about getting it to operate on irish mains?
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭emaherx

You can buy an inverter to convert Usa equipment to run on the Irish mains.
    You may also have some trouble tunning in certin stations on the tuner. I think in the US they use a slighty diffrent frequancey range

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You could find it cheaper closer to home and save yourself a whole heap of hassle.

The unit claims to deliver 350watts of power, if true it will consume about 500 or 600 watts that would need a pretty big transformer or invertor, something like this for example. This company makes something a bit more asthetically pleasing.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

cheaper closer to home?!
    that wooudl be fanftastic
    where could i get it cheaper?
    thanks
    ed

ZENER wrote:
    You could find it cheaper closer to home and save yourself a whole heap of hassle.

The unit claims to deliver 350watts of power, if true it will consume about 500 or 600 watts that would need a pretty big transformer or invertor, something like this for example. This company makes something a bit more asthetically pleasing.

ZEN

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The 50/60 Hz might also be a problem. Unless you're very attached to the machine I'd ebay it.

Advertisement