Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent!! Need Your help!

Options
  • 17-12-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm organisng the entertainment for a basketball match today, the halftime entertainment has pulled out but is offering 3 sets of family tickets to their panto.

I guess what i am asking for is a really entertaining competition/contest for these family tickets to be won?!?!? Any suggestions please?!?! (keeping in mind we have like no time, gotta actually be heading out there in a half hour).

Please, please help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

just give everyone a raffle ticket on their way in, then hold a draw for the tickets.

then streak across the court, using a basketball to hide your shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Do a random person pick from the crowd / ask for Dads to come up ( 3 - father with kids there better), explain that whoever gets the most baskets from 5 throws wins.... but, coz it's Chrtistmas, give each 3 a set each in the end.
    That'll go down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

A half-court throw, like in an episode of Fraiser i saw once. It's supposed to be pretty hard i hear, plus most of the people there will probably be interested in basketball:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Promise a Ferrari if they can make the half-court throw, but when inevitably don't just give them the panto tickets.

If they do, however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, they've done half-court shots for the past few seasons, thing is no-one really ever scores them!

The club themselves has a raffle, but its a pay thingy, i wouldnt be able to organise that many tickets for an hours time.

So far I'm thinking WhiskeyMan suggestion is most do-able, get the mascot to walk up into the crowd a pick a few people at random.

Thank yous,
    But please keep them coming! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement