Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know anymore

Options
  • 17-12-2006 5:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I used to be quite depressed. I got over it. But now I feel I'm back, trapped again! I don't know what to do. Tonight I drank too much and cut myself. I'm really stressed. And I'm tired.

This makes no sense, I'm sorry. But I need some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Drink messes up a lot of people and lets them do things they wouldn't normally do. In that way having one drink can be useful (safety aside). Getting drunk can be very counter-productive. Christmas / end of year tends to bring a lot of ghosts out of the past.

Make sure you clean yourself up so you don't get an infection. And get rid of your blade (safely!). Don't hurt yourself - fight the things that hurt you.

I'm not sure what contacts you've had in the past, but I think it would be very worthwhile getting some support from family, friends and the medical services. A visit to your GP would be a good start.

Drop us a line again to see how you are getting on.

No need to feel sorry, we get threads like this all the time at this hour (the drink brings it out in people :):() and they are all welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best thing to do is get some rest after cleaning yourself up and look at the situation when things are a bit clearer in your head. Have you family and friends that you can chat to or be around? Feel free to send me a PM to rant/shout/whatever if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, take a pint of water to bed and have a small bit to eat and a good breakfast in the morning, it'll make things a bit easier on the head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cut the booze cause it's a depressive, and too much hurts your health and drags you down. See your GP immediately for treatment of your cuts and avoid infection! Also ask for a therapist referral. Consider getting into strenuous exercise on a regular basis, which will improve your health, help you sleep at night, and reduce stress. Consider a healthy, balanced diet. Your GP can offer advice. Also consider taking a daily multivitamin to improve your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

When you say you drank too much and cut yourself - was it accidental, or are you a cutter?

If you are a cutter, PLEASE seek professional help. I know it will be scary, but professionals can help you through this.

I see cutters in the Emergency room every other week and it is always a very emotional time for all involved. You can get beyond this. DOn't let depression lead you to really hurting yourself.

PLEASE get help. And don't wait. Okay?

Hugs,

L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Argie

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better this morning. I might go see the GP during the week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Argie wrote:
    I used to be quite depressed. I got over it. But now I feel I'm back, trapped again! I don't know what to do. Tonight I drank too much and cut myself. I'm really stressed. And I'm tired.

This makes no sense, I'm sorry. But I need some advice.

Get a good nights sleep everynight, join a Gym and take out your anger on the weights/punchbag etc instead of yourself, give up the drink, you say you feel your back again trapped? Thats just a feeling you can overcome this, eat right and treat yourself right you better ackright.

Advertisement