Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Edgar cancellation in Dame Lane last night

Options
  • 16-12-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Apologies to everyone who made the trip down to Dame Lane last night.Unfortunately the venues management decided to pull the event 4 hours before it was to commence.As you can imagine it left us in a terrible situation.Thankfully we were saved as Leigh(Electric Fix) who was having his own Xmas party in Eamonn Dorans kindly let us put Jimmy Edgar on at 11.45pm.Thanks to everyone who came down as it turned out to be a great night.Big thanks to Jimmy,Leigh & John for all their help.

Thank you

Keith Downey http://www.myspace.com/psychonavigation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimmy_owns_you

So wait.. not only were we let down at 4 Dame Lane when we found out the show was cancelled.. but you're also telling us that he played in Eamon Doran's that night? How were we supposed to find out about this at 8 pm on Friday?

I was really looking forward to seeing him, and now I'm even more pissed off since he ended up playing somewhere else all along. And I take it there's no chance of a reschedule either.

Like **** you. Seriously.
    psychonav wrote:
    Apologies to everyone who made the trip down to Dame Lane last night.Unfortunately the venues management decided to pull the event 4 hours before it was to commence.As you can imagine it left us in a terrible situation.Thankfully we were saved as Leigh(Electric Fix) who was having his own Xmas party in Eamonn Dorans kindly let us put Jimmy Edgar on at 11.45pm.Thanks to everyone who came down as it turned out to be a great night.Big thanks to Jimmy,Leigh & John for all their help.

Thank you

Keith Downey http://www.myspace.com/psychonavigation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭psychonav

So wait.. not only were we let down at 4 Dame Lane when we found out the show was cancelled..

As you read in my response it was out of our hands entirely.Think about it.

but you're also telling us that he played in Eamon Doran's that night? How were we supposed to find out about this at 8 pm on Friday?

We put up posters outside the venue letting people know that it was moved to Eamonn Dorans.As i mentioned below we only found out 4 hrs before the gig so please imagine the situation trying to fix a new venue and print and place posters....

I was really looking forward to seeing him, and now I'm even more pissed off since he ended up playing somewhere else all along. And I take it there's no chance of a reschedule either.

No re-schedule unfortunately this year but Jimmy enjoyed his time here again so maybe next year!!

Like **** you. Seriously.

:(

Keith

Advertisement