Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Living Dead IV and V

Options
  • 16-12-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Got these yesterday - I was expecting absolute trash, given the relative low key release and the lack of any credible people involved, but these are surprisingly good. Again, like the 3rd - and best in my opinion - film, the films follow a more serious route with some subtle comic relief rather then the outright comedy of the originals. The acting is bad, the scripts laughable. But both have gore by the bucket loads, and quite good it is too.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Yeah i saw them there about a year ago. In the states they had a straight to cable release... they were alright in my opinion, not masterpieces, but not great either. My favourite is the first one,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

still they sound worth a look, ive watched some bad horror films lately so thses will seem good after them.

trendkill wrote:
    Yeah i saw them there about a year ago. In the states they had a straight to cable release... they were alright in my opinion, not masterpieces, but not great either. My favourite is the first one,

After the master pieces part, i was meant to say "but not too bad ether" instead of my other statement.

I cant remember which one is 4 and 5..... but the one where they use the Cherynobyl Reactor, they were the first feature film crew allowed access to there.
    Anyway, there a whole lot better then that house of the dead ****.
    The 2/3/4/5 installments have let down Dan Bannons original....... unlike his "Alien" which was preceded by good enough sequels....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis is number four in the series, followed by Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave.

Although there's no importance in watching them in chronological order, it makes no difference. I actually watched Rave to the Grave first, and the biggest gripe following that is that Necropolis features the same actors! It looks like they actually shot both films back to back actually. The films are far too similar to really consider them completely seperate features or even to render both watchable as such, so I'd really only recommend watching one of them and leaving the other.

yeah, both films were filmed back to back in Romania. .. great mentality there... we need a location that looks like the typical american university/college...... lets go to Romania....(cheaper production costs.. WTF)

I was confused about the actors when i first saw them, except.. his uncle well, i wont spoil it....

• Advertisement
Advertisement