Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Stargate Series

Options
  • 15-12-2006 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Prepare to step through the gate all over again! A third television series in the hit Stargate franchise is now in development, GateWorld has learned.

A production source informs GateWorld that the new series is in the concept phase, and is being actively worked on by the Vancouver creatives behind Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. No concept for the show has yet been revealed.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/12/exclusive_third_istargatei_serie.shtml

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Intruiging :)

I reckon it'll be some form of "Stargate Command", as it'll allow them to reuse a lot of their sets and save on setup costs and grab an already existing fanbase in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

dammit you beat me to it :(
    great news i cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

They end up in the replicator galaxy, to stop the replicators from re-ivading the milky way.
    Just my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm skeptical...unless this means they won't be tieing up the Ori arc in the first dvd.

whats wrong with tieing up the ori story arc?

• Advertisement

They can't pull an enemy like the Ori out of their hat (and nowhere) then dispose of them after 2 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I agree that it will probably be a "Stargate Command" type affair. Same idea as SG-1 but with new actors who aren't going look for such high wages that it cripples the show.

I also agree that if it is to be set in the Milky Way that the Ori should be left. Maybe they could kill off the actual Ori but elements of their followers try to continue the fight. It would put things on a more level playing field. The whole being hopelessly inferior thing that they had going on in the first few seasons doesn't really work when the humans have a fleet of spaceships and access to various ancient tech. I'd rather see an even fight, not just a series long quest for some stupid cure all.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Gateworld is reporting a Third Stargate Series is now in development. And could premiere in 2008.

According to SaveStargateSG1.com, Michael Shanks has also been approached as a lead for the third stargate series.

I wish they where not ending SG-1 have been a fan since the start but i am glad to hear Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter) will be going to Atlantis, Direct to DVD Movies for SG-1 and possible Daniel in third series all we need now is to find a way of keeping Teal'c

:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/12/exclusive_third_istargatei_serie.shtml

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?cat=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

They can't pull an enemy like the Ori out of their hat (and nowhere) then dispose of them after 2 series.

Agreed - that is why the Ori should be left in the third franchise. A fifith/sixth bad guy would just be stretching it a bit.

I just hope that the writers focus more on the drama and conflict than just plain "in house humour" that was prevalent in seasons 9 and especially 10.

Great news by the way :D

According to SaveStargateSG1.com, Michael Shanks has also been approached as a lead for the third stargate series.

I wish they where not ending SG-1 have been a fan since the start but i am glad to hear Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter) will be going to Atlantis, Direct to DVD Movies for SG-1 and possible Daniel in third series all we need now is to find a way of keeping Teal'c

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

cyberwit wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I wish they would just let SG-1 die to be honest. It has had its run and now it is failing, people are going off it. Why do they feel the compulsion to get the old cast back in?

I think Carter to Atlantis will be a disaster as it will only take away from McKay, who is clearly the best character in the show. As for Shanks, well I think they should be anxious to kick him out to be honest. It still irks me that he got a fat head and left the series. Only to realise he actually is a **** actor and can't get work elsewhere so came crawling back. This of course resulted in Corin Nemeck (Jonas), who I much preferred both as a character and an actor, getting the sack.

Can't agree with any of what you have stated. The Ori is a much more dangerous enemy then that of the Goa'uld and as such means that SG-1 can have more episodes it took SG-1 eight , nine years to get ride of the Goa'uld and they are still around why can't the Ori be transferred top the new series.

Carter is one of the best characters in SG-1 and i think its great she is going to Atlantis. My concern with regards to Atlantis is the constant character changes much more then with SG-1 certainly faster e.g. Ford now Dr. Carson Beckett, the introduction of a new doctor ,might effect both the show and how long it lasts one of reasons why sg1 is so good is the characters and there departure has a much bigger impact eg. Fraiser, Hammand, Jack O'Neill.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    I wish they would just let SG-1 die to be honest. It has had its run and now it is failing, people are going off it. Why do they feel the compulsion to get the old cast back in?

I think Carter to Atlantis will be a disaster as it will only take away from McKay, who is clearly the best character in the show. As for Shanks, well I think they should be anxious to kick him out to be honest. It still irks me that he got a fat head and left the series. Only to realise he actually is a **** actor and can't get work elsewhere so came crawling back. This of course resulted in Corin Nemeck (Jonas), who I much preferred both as a character and an actor, getting the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

To kill the Ori off by the end of Season 10 (or the possible season 11) would be too easy IMO. The new series could be set onboard a new class of ship, perhaps earth manages to succeed in wiping out the asureans with the disruptor tech and use the fleet of ships they built to fight back against the Ori. They never did tell us what happened to the Gadmeer, an advanced race that are silicone based. They probably have powerful technology to defend against the Ori, who knows.

Asurans....

cough... spoilers.... cough

mcgarnicle wrote:
    cough... spoilers.... cough

Well actually the word asurans is not a spoiler anymore since the episode has since aired on sky 1

User45701 wrote:
    Well actually the word asurans is not a spoiler anymore since the episode has since aired on sky 1

That's not the spoiler.

I assume McGarnicle is referring to the Gadmeer?

I'd love to see the Ori in this series, despite the fact that it just makes sense to keep them in it. And ofcourse, Ba'al and the usual Milky Way crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I want more info! :(

I assume McGarnicle is referring to the Gadmeer?

I'd love to see the Ori in this series, despite the fact that it just makes sense to keep them in it. And ofcourse, Ba'al and the usual Milky Way crew.

If nobody knows what the spoiler is then I guess it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I spotted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I hope it will be like the younger edgier version of SG-1 depicted in the "200" episode! :D

"Dude that hot chick was so totally a Goa'uld!"
    "Duh, I was still gonna tap that!"
    and
    "I'm pregnant..."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I'm hoping it could be set on board a new BC-304 (Daedulus Class) sort of like the episodes we see with sg1 onboard Odyssey, possibly have an onboard sg team...this way they could keep the Ori plot going, with much more action, being on board a battleship would put the crew ont he front lines a lot.

Just one of my hopes. :)

Its stargate so it will have to involve the stargate and we also have to be careful that if current stargate or future stargate series that involve space craft don't compete with star trek.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/01/producers_speak_out_on_third_ser.shtml

More info on the 3rd series there
    Early 2008 release date

User45701 wrote:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/01/producers_speak_out_on_third_ser.shtml

More info on the 3rd series there
    Early 2008 release date

That was just a load of crap. No new info whatsoever.

That was just a load of crap. No new info whatsoever.
    User45701 wrote:
    Early 2008 release date

That means we don't have to wait till the usual summer release
    Thats new info

User45701 wrote:
    That means we don't have to wait till the usual summer release
    Thats new info

We already knew that.

oh sorry i didnt
    my bad im drunk sorry
    bad buzz sry agsin

Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

cyberwit wrote:
    Its stargate so it will have to involve the stargate and we also have to be careful that if current stargate or future stargate series that involve space craft don't compete with star trek.

Star Trek is dead.

A live show doesnt compete with syndicated series.

Advertisement