Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me, I'm desperate!

Options
  • 15-12-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

An ex-friend of mine has told me that a girl we know was killed in a road accident last week, but there's no record of it occuring, I've searched through obituary listings, nothing! I know her name and that she's from Kildare, I can't look her up in the phone book because she'd either be under her mother or father's name! There has to be a way I can find her! My ex-friend is lying to me! I don't have her mobile number because she didn't have one the last time I spoke to her, which was a year ago. I only have her and her friend's email address but neither are replying, even her bebo and myspace profiles are gone. I know she's alive!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ok... why do you think your friend is lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

what's her name? Or where did the accident allegedly happen?

Maybe we can help you do some research?

Don't panic - could be mistaken identity or a cruel prank.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

My friend said there was no funeral, he didn't cry for her and I checked road deaths and there's no mention of her. Her name is Michelle Potts, she lives in Kildare last I knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Check out

http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_archive.asp

I did a quick search but didn't see anything. Do you have any other mutual friends?

• Advertisement

I've googled the name and Kildare and nothing at all.

No funeral? Sounds dodgy. If there was a horrific accident there would still be remains and therefore a funeral of some sort (catholic or otherwise)

and it would be documented in newspapers or death notices.

Quiz your friend a little more and ask where the accident was, her parents address/phone number, where she was working etc.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'and when did this allegedly happen?

i know its horrible to think but it could be a cruel cruel prank ive heard of people doin stuff like that b4 not to that extent though.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Call the local paper's obits reporter?

There's been new developments. I texted my friend and asked where Michelle is buried.

My friend: She's not buried.

Me: Well if she was cremated then there'd be a memorial stone.

My friend: No stone, she's split between her mam and her dad.

Me: Well my mam bought me a mass card and I want to send it to her mam, could you tell me her address please?

My friend: Just let it go.

She allegedly died on 6th December (my dad's birthday) and I was told a few days later on my niece's birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Your "friend" is just playing a very sick joke on you, OP.

I never knew someone could hate me that much

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's probably not an act of hatred. They probably initially thought it would be funny to scare you, but didn't anticipate how upset and agitated that you'd get. Now they just want to drop it because it didn't work out as planned.

Whoever your "friend" is, is twisted. Your worry and fear shows that you're a decent human being.

Road accidents are highly publicised these days. You would have heard about it through some media, or you would have found details of it by now.

Put it out of your mind is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Lorrs33 wrote:
    My friend said there was no funeral, he didn't cry for her and I checked road deaths and there's no mention of her. Her name is Michelle Potts, she lives in Kildare last I knew.

I did a quick search on the phone book and there only 3 potts in kildare... might be 3 embarrasing phone calls... but could save you wrecking your head...If they are not her immediate familty they might still know her...

jhegarty wrote:
    I did a quick search on the phone book and there only 3 potts in kildare... might be 3 embarrasing phone calls... but could save you wrecking your head...If they are not her immediate familty they might still know her...

There are actually 4 Potts - if you use the Eircom Online Phonebook

I would say this is a cruel prank. Ask your "friend" for her parents first names.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Your ex-friend is being so vague and as you've found no proof whatsoever it sounds like your ex-friend is lying. As for why they're being so horrible, I don't know. Maybe it's something to do with why they're an ex-friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Faith wrote:
    Your "friend" is just playing a very sick joke on you, OP.

sounds like it

the "let it go" thing seems very dodgy imo if it was true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

If you know the area ofr the town she's from you can call their local parish priest and ask him. I had to do something similar a while ago.

The reason we fell out was because he kept taking his anger out on me. He's gay and broke up with his boyfriend of five months around July, two months later when I was terrified of getting my exam results, he kept snapping at me saying that my worry was nothing compared to his heartbreak. He's attention seeking. I've been told that this lie could be his way of getting me to go crawling back to him, I did ask him to meet up before I became suspicious, and his response was: 'When I'm free'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

He's a complete and utter primadonna, ignore him for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

he is not your friend,he is sick by the sounds of it

Well I'm not the only one he told, he told another guy I know that would know anything about her. I've asked if he knows her address or mam's phone number without trying to arouse his suspicions, coz if I told him my suspicions I'd probably be exposed as the sick person.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Lorrs33 wrote:

Well done. Now when you google her name you get this post about her death

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Lorrs33 wrote:
    Well I'm not the only one he told, he told another guy I know that would know anything about her. I've asked if he knows her address or mam's phone number without trying to arouse his suspicions, coz if I told him my suspicions I'd probably be exposed as the sick person.

Going on the assumption that he is lying, I fail to see how this could reflect badly on you. It sounds like he has some serious problems that go waaaaaay beyond mere attention seeking. Best to avoid the nut. Keep the text messages from him just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

I doubt that there's anything to worry about here, beside the fact that you have someone in your life that would try to upset you with this type of lie. Pay no attention to him if at all possible but make sure the people you trust know what he's done. He sounds like a nut case. the chance are you would have heard about this from someone else by now, someone else that didn't hear it from your crazy friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Your friend is a SICK ASSHOLE. Omg I would actually let this out and tell people and tell the girl herself this weirdo is going around sayin she's dead. I know of young people who have died in car crashes and its a horrible way to die and anyone who makes a joke out of it is ****ing sick and deserves whats coming to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OP, go phone the phone numbers. Explain that you aren't sure and ask for your friend.

Locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Dampsquid wrote:
    Well done. Now when you google her name you get this post about her death
    Will delete the post in about a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement