Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE READ: Padraig Nally / Ward thread = Instant Ban.

Options
  • 15-12-2006 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Due to several failed attempts to discuss the entire Padraig Nally / Ward debacle, threads relating to this issue will be locked, binned and/or moved for the time being. Please do not create threads on this issue. If you wish to discuss this matter in a civil fashion feel free to visit the Politics forum as there is a good thread about this issue there. Be warned, any uncivil or personal abuse on that forum will result in an instant ban. Any Padraig Nally / Ward threads on here will also result in a ban. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd like to add many thanks for ruining it for the rest of us...you know who I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats a bit harsh Sjones, we should be entitled to discuss it as it is a very hot topic right now. Banning people is not the answer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

rb_ie wrote:
    I'd like to add many thanks for ruining it for the rest of us...you know who I'm talking about.

Yeah, you jerks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Thats a bit harsh Sjones, we should be entitled to discuss it as it is a very hot topic right now. Banning people is not the answer :)

Sending people to a place where they have to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion is the answer, and that is what I have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

People got their chance, plenty of them, but couldn't discuss it in a civil manner so now its not at all or in Politics. *slams fist on table and pulls down iron curtain*:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

But SJones have you not just broken your own rule and started a thread about Nally/Ward and therefore have to ban yourself (Can that even be done) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I came onto Boards to discuss the issue about mr Nally, but I find this instead. I haven't read the thread, but I think people should be allowed to discuss the issue, get heated up about it, but when people cross the lines then a ban should be issued to that person. Surely there are enough people to moderate that thread. I don't think locking is the way to go. It should be re-opened. (again I haven't read/seen the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sniipe wrote:
    I came onto Boards to discuss the issue about mr Nally, but I find this instead. I haven't read the thread, but I think people should be allowed to discuss the issue, get heated up about it, but when people cross the lines then a ban should be issued to that person. Surely there are enough people to moderate that thread. I don't think locking is the way to go. It should be re-opened. (again I haven't read/seen the thread)

Go to the politics forum so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sniipe wrote:
    Then read the thread ffs.

First hail2dachimp shows he has zero brain by starting a third thread on the subject, and then this. Is there something in the water?

Gordon wrote:
    Is there something in the water?

Downsyndrome?*

To Vegeta/others opposing Sjones' decision, don't forget the rulez:
    Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.

Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.

Do not under any circumstances complain about a mod on this forum. Do it either on PM or in Feedback.
    So whine at him via PM, or if you're creative enough, a nice thread in feedback is always fun...

Other than that....thanks again...jerks.

*I kid, I kid!...

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    Then read the thread ffs.

First hail2dachimp shows he has zero brain by starting a third thread on the subject, and then this. Is there something in the water?

Hey thats only partially true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hey thats only partially true!
    In fairness Gordon he's right.

It was the fourth thread, the third one was merged with the original yesterday shortly after it was created :)

And gordan personal abuse will get you banned, please read the charter!

I've just closed the one in politics.

I hadnt seen this though at the time.
    I'm going to reopen it now and move the muck post that caused me to close it to the recycle bin.

Anyone is welcome to talk sensibly about this topic on politics but you must read and abide by the charter.

Gordon has a charter reflective cape! Didn't you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

sjones you forgot to lock the thread after making your annoucement,
    tut tut.

Thaedydal wrote:
    tut tut.

No no, I didn't. I didn't want a huge PM inbox. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I'm banned from Politics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Tristrame wrote:

I'm going to reopen it now and move the muck post that caused me to close it to the recycle bin.

Anyone is welcome to talk sensibly about this topic on politics but you must read and abide by the charter.

This is what I'd like to see to be honest. Keep it open, bin the offending reply and ban the person.

/me wanders over to politics

• Advertisement

Pal wrote:
    I'm banned from Politics

1800-666 666

The Samaritans will listen to you.

Thaedydal wrote:
    tut tut.
    Your sig is outdated Thaed...tut tut

No point locking this now really...
    sjones wrote:
    Gordon has a charter reflective cape! Didn't you know?

Its just a pity he won't put a pair of pants on under it...fvcking hippy.

Tristrame wrote:

Thanks Con, again if you are getting too much traffic just let me know and we'll sort something out.

Right

http://cake.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52501052&posted=1#post52501052

Thats the thread.

zero tollerance for nonsense in it and zero tolerance for not complying with the charter sticky on politics.

Thread locked. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sjones wrote:
    1800-666 666

The Samaritans will listen to you.
    that's not true. i rang them when i was an angsty teenager and they told me to piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Folks, I'll make this one less sticky for you...

It still stands: do not discuss this matter here. Take it to Humanities or Politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement