Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair in or around Carrick-on-Shannon?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hello fellow North Westerners!
    sold a TV to a work colleague a few weeks and now there are coloured circles appearing on the screen but the image is still there. anyways its a 28" widescreen Bush TV. it was a cheap telly bought a few years back.
    just wondering would anyone know off hand is there any TV repair place around Carrick?
    it mightn't even be worth fixing if the tube is gone in it.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

the old maxol station on the boyle rd used to have a guy who did repairs. I think it was called meehans, will call the mommy to see if she can update me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

cheers nanook. i'll give a call down awhile later to see if its still there. don't be putting yourself to too much hassle looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

thekooman wrote:
    hello fellow North Westerners!
    sold a TV to a work colleague a few weeks and now there are coloured circles appearing on the screen but the image is still there. anyways its a 28" widescreen Bush TV

I wonder has a child been playing with a magnet, putting it up against the screen :D

I did it myself, the purple circle it caused wore away after a few weeks! It would need external degaussing to get rid of it quickly.

Perfectly safe though to do it on a monocrome TV, just cause bending of the image when magnet is near screen, no metal getting magnetized.

cheers Antenna,
    the guy who bought it off me also said that, but no one has been near the TV with a magnet, that he knows of.

but there aren't purple circles. there is a blue in the center, then red outside that and green outside that and it covers the whole screen.

had a look about and it could be something like this: http://www.intechlabs.net/ourfaqs/tv/demag.htm
    i'll have a look later and see.

the degauss circuit was shot in the telly anyways(red, green and blue colours on the screen) and the guy i sold it to got it fixed by a Ronnie Manning in Sligo for 50 euro. happy days! thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

no worries

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement