Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goverment Guns ftw!

Options
  • 15-12-2006 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

So, who'd you prefer to help stop the scum?

The ERU? (Irish)
    The SWAT? (American)
    Spetsnaz? (Russian)

Me, I'd go for the Spetsnaz. Armed, trained, and a willingness to kill the scum. 4 units (Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast) of 20 men each, and we should quickly be able to stop the crime wave.

Who'd stand a chance of getting rid of our crime problem? 19 votes

ERU
    0% 0 votes
    SWAT
    57% 11 votes
    Spetsnaz
    42% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

*turns over the egg-timer*

Riiight. Who would "the scum" be exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You forgot to mention a pro-active intelligence service, both civil and military.

We could also consider martial law in relation to gang crime, and open the special criminal court to gangland trials.

The ERU can combat gangland crime, but alone their useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Karoma wrote:

isn't it obviously, the drug dealers and the murderers and the rapists and .......... those sort of folk??? the scummy scum??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Karoma wrote:

I meant the drug runners. Not the goverment. Sorry for the confusion.

the_syco wrote:
    I meant the drug runners. Not the goverment. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hah! I never thought of that... although... hmmmm!

I meant "where does one draw the line?" - the junkies dealing to feed their own habits?
    joyriders? litterbugs? etc.

We could also consider martial law in relation to gang crime, and open the special criminal court to gangland trials.
    I broke a finger to prevent replying to this, but it's just too much.

Martial law?! You would have all civil laws, rights and liberties, that have been gained through so many years of thought and experience, suspended indefinitely? And, it would be indefinitely as you're never going to get rid of all of them or regain control.
    Please, tell me you're not old enough to vote.

• Advertisement

I would employ the russians too.. they even look the part... lean mean psycho killing machines... bring em on in...
    Perhaps they could round them all up and have a public killing fest too....

:) (insert cute smiley face as an attempt at rage\calm balance):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Karoma wrote:

I meant "where does one draw the line?" - the junkies dealing to feed their own habits?

I broke a finger to prevent replying to this, but it's just too much.

Martial law?! You would have all civil laws, rights and liberties, that have been gained through so many years of thought and experience, suspended indefinitely? And, it would be indefinitely as you're never going to get rid of all of them or regain control.
    Please, tell me you're not old enough to vote.

Re. Martial law. Sorry, I thought someone would see the joke in this.

ie. I don't see this thread as a serious discussion.

Mairt wrote:
    Re. Martial law. Sorry, I thought someone would see the joke in this.

ie. I don't see this thread as a serious discussion.
    Oh, thank goodness. It's difficult to tell in AH... Thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

the_syco wrote:

The ERU? (Irish)
    The SWAT? (American)
    Spetsnaz? (Russian)

Me, I'd go for the Spetsnaz. Armed, trained, and a willingness to kill the scum. 4 units (Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast) of 20 men each, and we should quickly be able to stop the crime wave.

Wouldnt they kill more people than the so called scum would?

Of course. But, hey, you've gotta break a few legs to make an omelette. We must sacrifice the innocent to satisfy the tabloid godz!

• Advertisement

long term - no.
    with scum all gone - scum no more kill other people.
    so one big scum-killing-fest and then the killing stops..
    where as, if scum are not killed off and continue killing -
    they could surpass the Russian's (we are going with the russians right?)

hee hee.. :D:p

Karoma wrote:

A dealer is a dealer. Throw them in jail. Stop the source.

Joyriders should be strapped to the bonnet or a riot van, and driven around Tallaght, at 11pm. Make them think twice about having thrills at other people's expenses.

Litterbugs: depends. Dropping paper on the ground = fine, but illegal dumping (esp on country roads) should be a fine, as well as non-paid labour (going around, and picking up litter). Repeat offenders should be jailed in remote locations, with no TV, drugs, or any forms of entertainment. The endless hours of boredom should stop them reoffending.
    <snip>
    Don't make me ban you. I'd be happy to...but don't make it look like you made me. :p
    Yeah, I suppose that was a bit far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Naaaaa, the three groups mentioned are a bunch of whimps! Simply identify the criminals and report them to the NSA as terrorists bent on attacking New York. Poof! They will mysteriously disappear and may end up in Gitmo years later (Rendition = kidnapping by government without legal safeguards). Oh, and what about that pesky landlord that kept your deposit? Poof! And what about the lad that gave you a dirty look in Temple Bar? Poof! And what about the bird that laughed at your pick-up line at The Big Tree? Poof!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

definatly Spetsnaz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

See how effective they have been in Russia, a drug and crime free utopia!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I would employ the russians too.. they even look the part... lean mean psycho killing machines...

You watch way too many movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

the_syco wrote:
    A dealer is a dealer.

And murder is murder.

What do they teach kids in school these days?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Slow coach wrote:
    What do they teach kids in school these days?:rolleyes:

If I've 10g and 20 clients, how much crap can I add to it so that 20 people think they're getting 1g each.. hmmm.

Basic economics tbh :)

Shoot em all, surely the guilty would far outweigh the innocent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Cut of the dealers supply and he has nothing to deal, we can't change the world to make it a shiney happy place where noones exploited, so greater control over imports wouldn't go astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Padraig Nally ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

frobisher wrote:
    Padraig Nally ftw.
    ahh was waiting for that to be thrown in somewhere... i say bring backs knighs and give em horses and guns...wait....we have them...right we gotta get rid of them... "Padraig???!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I would go for none of them.

We should use our Army Ranger Wing:

http://www.military.ie/army/arw.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Army_Rangers

Now if only the government could grow the balls to use these guys! :D

frobisher wrote:
    Padraig Nally ftw.
    I was actually waiting for someone to say Chuck Norris, but whoever you look up to is your own business...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh no, people will start putting padraig Nally into those Chuck Norris quotes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i would say we need to keep it to our own forces so the ERU backed up by the army rangers with the garda c19 division directing operations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

In situations like this where the main man becomes weakened and a source of suspicion among his trusted lieutenants (i.e Why are we all being caught and not him?) someone eventually turns on him. With 23 out of 24 of his associates awaiting trial mistrust and suspicion must have been rife in the gang. there will be a few more hits before some member of the outfit becomes topdog and settles things down. In the meantime there isn't a lot can be done about these quick hits on the side of the road unless the guards get lucky or unlucky as the case may be!
    There is a lot of panic talk about putting the army on the streets etc..would make no difference whatsoever. These people only strike when the time and place is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Mairt wrote:
    You forgot to mention a pro-active intelligence service, both civil and military

Believe it or not, we have both...

Don't ask me what they do with their time, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Naaaaa, the three groups mentioned are a bunch of whimps! Simply identify the criminals and report them to the NSA as terrorists bent on attacking New York. Poof! They will mysteriously disappear and may end up in Gitmo years later (Rendition = kidnapping by government without legal safeguards). Oh, and what about that pesky landlord that kept your deposit? Poof! And what about the lad that gave you a dirty look in Temple Bar? Poof! And what about the bird that laughed at your pick-up line at The Big Tree? Poof!:rolleyes:

yeh they were all right poofs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

frobisher wrote:
    Padraig Nally ftw.

screw that amature, we need batman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Stan06

the_syco wrote:

Spetsnaz? (Russian)
    Me, I'd go for the Spetsnaz. Armed, trained, and a willingness to kill the scum. 4 units (Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast) of 20 men each, and we should quickly
    be able to stop the crime wave.

'Spetsnaz'??? WTF, pardon me my bad Klatch?
    First it's just a common name for plenty of types of special forces in Russia...
    and there is absolutely nothing special about them. Just a usual (more skilled, though) soldiers.
    And secondly, you should add a fourth item in your voting, guys: united will of Irish people and Irish governement. Otherwise, this voting sounds like 'what is the best rifle to 'getting rid of our crime problem?'
    Or is it just a joke?

Advertisement