Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW dsg?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all, can you help me,we have a vw touran 1.9tdi great car love it, we are thinking of changing to a dsg one has any one any experience of a vw dsg and any advice on them.

Thanks in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

vixen2005 wrote:
    Hi all, can you help me,we have a vw touran 1.9tdi great car love it, we are thinking of changing to a dsg one has any one any experience of a vw dsg and any advice on them.

Thanks in advance;)
    I've yet to drive one, but anything i've read has been very favourable. Why not take one for a spin, see what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Drove a gti dsg an was very impressed with the gearbox but not really sure what it would be like with a diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

GTI would be a completely different ball game to a Touran. Best bet is to test drive one and decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Hi folks,

I currently drive a 1.9 TDI DSG. It's a fantastic car, good on fuel economy and so relaxing to drive. You've got three settings, normal 6-speed drive, 6-speed sport and 6-speed semiauto for those who want a bit more control.

I can't recommend it highly enough to be honest and it's definitely on my hit list for my next car.

Wouldn't buy a Touran though. Golf Plus looks better and is virtually the same in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hi folks,

I currently drive a 1.9 TDI DSG. It's a fantastic car, good on fuel economy and so relaxing to drive. You've got three settings, normal 6-speed drive, 6-speed sport and 6-speed semiauto for those who want a bit more control.

I can't recommend it highly enough to be honest and it's definitely on my hit list for my next car.

Wouldn't buy a Touran though. Golf Plus looks better and is virtually the same in size.
    Yeah I read some many times its a great gearbox(can you put it into automatic aswel?) I'm trying to get my ald' lad to get a better golf like the one you have. Is the engine lively and reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Yep, IMO the 1.9 is lively enough. I've driven the 2.0 in the same spec and that's a lot more responsive. But given the difference in initial outlay and the subsequent road tax, servicing cost and running costs, the 1.9 is the better buy.

The only problem that I have is with the electric windows. They can be a bit temperamental at times but apart from that they're good.

Advertisement