Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgian tv wind-up!!!

Options
  • 14-12-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the Six-One news on RTE?

They showed Belgian tv running a broadcast last night saying the region of Flanders had declared independence. People flocked onto the street celebrating..........and the broadcast was a spoof. Lot of people in Belgium highly pissed off today. :D

If only RTE would run the same story on Cork :) ...or imagine they ran one saying Britain was pulling out of the north..... :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

If only RTE would run the same story on Cork :)

Then they could have their own Capital. Boie.:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

linkie please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Scrotum wrote:
    If only RTE would run the same story on Cork :)

Then they could have their own Capital. Boie.:p

Yeah! Cork people are really rascist, its well known how much they hate the Irish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nevermind declaring their independence, let's just get a big chainsaw, cut them off from the rest of Ireland and float off into the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Nevermind declaring their independence, let's just get a big chainsaw, cut them off from the rest of Ireland and float off into the Atlantic.

Seconded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

empirix wrote:
    Seconded
    Passed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,283 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So a Belgian tv windup discussion on an Irish forum site has ended up in how we can get rid of Cork? Brilliant. I also vote for them to be removed, then Tipp can dominate the Munster hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

<
    I can confirm its false, no celebrations here!....never even heard about the story, though itd wouldnt be so strange; the two parts of the country really have nothing in common!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

zuutroy wrote:
    <
    I can confirm its false, no celebrations here!....never even heard about the story, though itd wouldnt be so strange; the two parts of the country really have nothing in common!
    The internet can confirm you're wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

best wait till the january sales cos my credit card a bit shakey for a visit to b&q for that chainsaw. God damn langers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I meant I can confirm that the rumour is fake (which everyone knew anyway) not that the broadcast never happened. Wow sounds like it was big news here....its crazy how isolated you can be by not speaking the language!

Advertisement