Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a difference??

Options
  • 14-12-2006 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what would the difference be between a normal non-HD 32" televison and a 720p HD television 32"..is the 720p the exact same as a normal non hd tele but just has progressive scan or is the 720p actually a higher resolutionand you will see a huge difference??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

IgsTer wrote:
    I was just wondering what would the difference be between a normal non-HD 32" televison and a 720p HD television 32"..is the 720p the exact same as a normal non hd tele but just has progressive scan or is the 720p actually a higher resolutionand you will see a huge difference??

thanks

A normal tv will have 576 lines of resolution interlaced vs 720 lines progressive
    Really depend on what your watching and how the particular tv handles the signal. For normal cable tv watching, dvd watching a standard tv should be as good resolution wise, for HD content the 720p tv will be better. If you're talking crt vs lcd widescreen, the crt might be slightly smaller screen

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

alri thanks for that..so having 720p you should see a difference with that compared to a standerd tv with 576 lines interlaced..thats all i really needed to know..i just toguht that 720p wasnt that much different than a normal tv but i know now that it has alot more lines..and should make a real difference..

thanks bud

Advertisement