Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a nice hotel in SLIGO

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

wondering if anyone can help me here himself and meself are heading up to Sligo in Feb, need to stay in a nice luxurious hotel, any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Your in luck GG!
    There are 3 very nice hotels in Sligo.
    These would be the best we have.

http://www.sligo.radissonsas.com/
    http://www.clarionsligo.com/?r=938
    http://www.castledargan.com/?gclid=CJW42KLZkYkCFRhMXgodCQP75g

There is also the Glasshouse in the City Centre which only opened last week.
    No website yet.

Enjoy your stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The Glasshouse has just opened. It's owned by the Gleneagles group. It looks really swish. It hasn't got a leisure center, but it is right in the heart of the town, within a five minute walk of all the pubs, clubs and most of the restaurants. I haven't been in it yet (it's only open a fortnight), but I hear good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I stayed in the Glasshouse last week, very swish indeed. Service was rubbish but as they say themselves, they're only just finding their feet. By Feb they should have it sorted - hopefully. Its very contempory, and the food was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in the Glasshouse a week or two back for a few drinks... didn't like it much at all.

Looks nice from the outside but the biggest design fault is probably the massive gaps between couches making it near impossible to have a conversation with someone across the table if speaking under 3000 decibels!

basquille wrote:
    Was in the Glasshouse a week or two back for a few drinks... didn't like it much at all.

Looks nice from the outside but the biggest design fault is probably the massive gaps between couches making it near impossible to have a conversation with someone across the table if speaking under 3000 decibels!

Thats for rowing couples! Very handy!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,896 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basquille wrote:
    the biggest design fault is probably the massive gaps between couches making it near impossible to have a conversation with someone across the table if speaking under 3000 decibels!
    Give it time and you may be glad to have it that way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 woody guthrie

A few members of the westlife group were in at the weekend with their entourage, I heard that lots of free champagne was given to them, it seems the more money you have the more freebies you get.:mad:

Oh boo hoo!

Question. Has anything they've done (Shane, Mark and Kian) harmed Sligo or the northwest in any way? Quite the oppisite im sure.

If its just about Money, there are a lot of ppl around who don't give a rats ass about other ppl - Unlike the westlife lads. They are never too busy to talk to fans or sign autographs.

So what if they got free drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 woody guthrie

I was just making the general observation that if you are famous and wealthy a lot of free goods and services seem to be given to you. I wasn`t having a go at wastealife more the fact that the hotel was pandering to the celeb culture of freebies where ever they go. I am sure the boys are very kind to their mum and furry animals as well. I have always liked them though I think they were never the same after that guy Ronan left.

Sorry to go way off topic there, The Glasshouse is a stunning looking place both inside and out and i am sure the service will get better as the hotel gets busier and the staff get more confidence. It is worth a trip just to see that mad carpet in reception. The website is up and running now www.theglasshouse.ie, well worth a look.

Fair enough. I would like to add that I was in no way saying that Westlife or anyone else deserves freebies etc
    It is true in some circles that money is everything but not always!
    Some ppl refuse it!

I like the glasshouse. There are a lot of ppl who don't.
    It's very plush!
    Website looks good too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Question. Has anything they've done (Shane, Mark and Kian) harmed Sligo or the northwest in any way? Quite the oppisite im sure.

Can I answer that one? Theres far too many houses (new builds) packed in at the entrance of Dromahair that I believe one of those nice lads have been involved in. The entrance of the village now housing estate in my view anyway.

Re Hotels in sligo, the xmas do at Markery castle was nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,896 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Listen up guys - the last few posts on this thread haven't exactly been on topic and you can all clearly see with tuppence's post where this leads with a new user who thinks - ah what the heck, everyone else is straying so I may as well make a proper job of it.

I've been patient up to now but we all need to sharpen up a bit.

@tuppence...... I was going to delete your post and issue a yellow card but I will leave it in it's entirety so other users can see how a simple question by the OP can evoke replies that are so twisted that they are not recognised as being in any way relevant to the original question. As you are new here I will leave it at that but please take heed of what is permissible when posting.

In any event this thread has run its course so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement