Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prominent veins on breasts

Options
  • 13-12-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm posting this unregged due to the personal nature of the question.

For many years now (I'm 27) I've had very prominent blue veins on both my breasts, recently they've become more noticeable. ie much darker. It's getting to the stage where I don't want to undress in front of my partner, I can barely look at them myself. It's really getting me down, and they are obvious even with a low(ish) cut top on.
    Has anybody any advice on how to make them less noticeable? Or even why they're like that in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I'll soon be 27 also.
    I'm sorry to say I've no actual advise for you, but just to say that I'm somewhat similar.
    I don't actually have the veins you talk of on my breasts, but higher up, spanning right across my chest leading down to my breasts.

They're very noticeable, & there's a whole network of them leading of one main very big vein that runs straight across my chest.

To be honest, I don't even think of them. I wear low cut tops regularly & no one has ever commented on them, ever & it has certainly never put any of my partners off.

I can't imagine your partner even acknowledges them either. I mean, I'm sure he sees them, but the brain registers it like:- "there's veins on her breasts" just like it'd register "there's nails on her fingers"

I'm sorry I've no actual advice, but I really would try & forget about it if I was you. It really isn't an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I remember reading a magazine like 'Just 17' once, years ago, where a guy wrote into the problem page. He'd been on holidays with all his girl and guy friends. Most of them are suntanned, but there was a scottish girl with them. She had translucent pale skin, and in a low-cut swim suit she had very obvious blue-veined breasts.

This guy was obsessed with her breasts. He couldn't stop looking at them on holidays, wearing his sunglasses even in the shade because he coudln't stop staring. He'd written to Just 17 because he was having trouble sleeping - he basically thought about this girl non-stop, had never been more attracted to anyone in his life and thought her blue-veined breasts were the single-most erotic thing he'd ever seen in his life.

There's a different opinion for you - nowt wrong with you, it takes all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Thanks guys, it helps to know that there is understanding out there. Really appreciate it.'

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think its just a sign of a healthy blood flow to the breasts.

Cue "I don't have prominent veins on breasts" thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Just a quick question OP do you self examine your breasts. You said that the veins have gotten darker recently. Any changes in the breasts should be looked at by a doc and that includes the look of the breasts. It is probably nothing but just get yourself checked out. The doctors dont mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

They also get a lot more prominent when you are in the early stages of pregnancy.
    Mine are always prominent but nobody has ever mentioned it to me, and when I asked DH he said he has never really noticed them (after 14 years together)

Mrs A.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I have a very visible vein on my calf, and one time while at the doctor I asked him if it was something I should be worried about. He just told me that sometimes it happens that a vein will be much closer to the surface on a particular person than is usual, but that it's not a problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A tan bed session should take care of the visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

While not ideal I personally wouldn't find them much of a turn off. It's a matter of getting used to it (for a man), which your partner obviously is. Hence I think it's crazy to be anyway embarassed infront of him. Also not undressing infront of him would upset him exponentially more.

On low-cut tops, wearing fake tan should let you be able to go out wearing them and be confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Ok, to answer a couple of things:
    gonker - yes, I do self examine but will take on your advice and ask my doc.
    ApeXaviour - always good to get a male point of view - ta

I will try to stop worrying about it, but u know what it's like when you're a girl, comparing yourself constantly to other girls' 'perfect' bodies.
    Thanks again, feel much better about it now after 'getting it off my chest'
    pun intended.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I seen something on Ireland AM about laser treatment for veins but it was being used on the legs.

A place in Dublin offering treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

kluivert wrote:
    I seen something on Ireland AM about laser treatment for veins but it was being used on the legs.

A place in Dublin offering treatment.
    lasercentre.ie?
    But I'm fairly certain that's for varicose veins only, a whole different kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

ApeXaviour wrote:
    lasercentre.ie?
    But I'm fairly certain that's for varicose veins only, a whole different kettle of fish.

I just thought Id throw it in there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I've been with a number of women with similar veins on their breasts, I think it's fairly common with the Irish complexion. Can't say much except that I found it neither a turn on nor a turn off, they were just there. Let me tell you they are NOT unattractive in any way shape or form. I would say don't worry about it, it's not something that anyone is going to look at negatively, or judge you on. People will see them, but won't think anything more of them than seeing something like freckles. Everyone is different, that's the beauty of life.

PS On the topic of "perfect women" there's no such thing, everyone has different tastes and preferences, it's women who invent these ideals themselves, in fact quite often the "perfect woman" and most mens preferences don't overlap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

8891426 wrote:
    I will try to stop worrying about it, but u know what it's like when you're a girl, comparing yourself constantly to other girls' 'perfect' bodies.
    Thanks again, feel much better about it now after 'getting it off my chest'
    pun intended.'

To be honest, there is no such thing as perfect bodies. Most of the people that you will look at and think "they are perfect" will see nothing but flaws with themselves.

With regard to the issue, as it is winter is it possible you have lost some of your tan? This will bring it out.

Alternatively, a loss of bodyfat can increase visible vascularity, so if you were on some kind of diet, of had lost weight due to stress that may be it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

biko wrote:
    A tan bed session should take care of the visibility.
    Sunbed session is bad advice. Sounds lke you have very fair, translucent skin like others said, hence sunbed would do you more damage than most people. Also, veins couldn't be worse than that horrible mottled, flecked leathery skin some women get after using sunbed off and on for a few years!

OP, I would do a quick pregnancy test too though. Tender bigger breasts were the first thing I noticed when pregnant. Maybe being swollen for this reason has just meant the veins are closer to th surface.

Advertisement