Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and tired

Options
  • 13-12-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Not sure why I'm posting here. At the moment I feel about as low as a person can. I have often had severe bouts of this depression for years now (I'm a male in my mid-twenties)

Tablets and counselling have not helped. I have people that I talk to and do things with in clubs and stuff, so I am not anti-social, and I'm never like this in their presense, always trying to maintain an upbeat air.

I seriously question the point of living alot of the time. Life feels very, very empty and I do feel like giving up. It feels like I'm just doing time, waiting to die.

Not here to complain, though.

How have people that find themselves like this managed to get better? I'd appreciate it if they could tell me how they managed their depression.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I have people that I talk to and do things with in clubs and stuff, so I am not anti-social, and I'm never like this in their presense, always trying to maintain an upbeat air.
    While it's important to have people for good times, it's important to have people you can open up to about how you feel also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I think a break of some sort would probably do you a world of good.

Mightn't fix your problem, but a fresh perspective in a change of scenery can do wonders. I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Was depressed when younger. Went the therapy and meds route and it didn't work for me. Stumbled into martial arts, got a grand master instructor who took a special interest in me, and it helped me a lot. It wasn't the total answer, but it helped, as did a proper diet (there are certain foods that can set you off, or the lack of proper nutrition too), vitamins, and finding an occupation that interests me. Getting adequate sleep is important, staying away from recreational drugs, and especially booze (which is a depressant).

Advertisement