Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband with TalkTalk €23.99 incl Line rental????

Options
  • 12-12-2006 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone

I just had a door to door sales woman from TalkTalk (Landline arm of the Cardphone Warehouse) at my house in Arklow. She was of course claiming that she could lower my bill blah blah blah but i listened to her anyway.

Im with BT at the moment and have their €35 package (Broadband and Line Rental). However the woman from TalkTalk said they could give me Broadband (1 Meg connection), line rental and free nationwide and UK land line calls for €23.99 a month and this would not effect my BT contract!! Talktalk would even let me try it out for a month and if i didnt want it anymore I could simply go back to BT and if i do like it i simply stay with them and I dont worry about my BT contract as they negotiate with them. I asked her several times if this was correct and she said it was. She said it is a brand new offer from Talktalk (so new infact that there is no news of it on their website www.talktalk.ie - infact according to their website they dont even offer Broadband services!!!)

I filled out the form requesting more information and signed a contract for swith over (cooling off period of 10 days) but i didnt give any bank details. She said someone would contact me in a few days about the broadband situation.

I was wondering if anyone else has been approached with such an offer?? I feel like either this is a scam or the woman just had her sums wrong. (On their website their basic talk package is €23.99 a month (free calls to UK and Ireland incl. Line rental)). If not then its the best deal out there by my reckoning!

I am going to ring Talktalk tomorrow to get more info and I will let you know.

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

funny how BT charge €45 for that and eircom €55 with no UK calls , she lied pure and simple, unless maybe its discounted in month one. Normally they charge €30 a month for line rental and unlimited calls with NO BB !

www.talktalk.ie
    Join now and get unlimited local and national calls for only €29.95 per month.[URL="javascript:home3_PopUp('/micetype/home3.asp')"]3[/URL]

you are _possibly_ in breach of a 6 month minimum BT contract but I am not sure of that ...only that Talk Talk lied.

The only service that offers BB / Line Rental and unlimited ( I think) landline calls under €30 a month is Digiweb Metro Light

Cancel right now, do not pass go and do not let them break everything although if they do its your fault for not checking here first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

she lied multiple times

its not that price, and if you havent lived upto the 6month contract from BT for the €35 euro package you will also be charged the remainder if you change over.

she is a door to door sales person, unfortunately these people are notorious for lying in order to get you to sign the dotted line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Big Chief wrote:
    she lied multiple times

its not that price, and if you havent lived upto the 6month contract from BT for the €35 euro package you will also be charged the remainder if you change over.

she is a door to door sales person, unfortunately these people are notorious for lying in order to get you to sign the dotted line

I've heard that there is a scam going door to door claiming to be talktalk sales people. be very sceptical..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Whatever about the price imagine claiming that you could jump between talk talk and bt (or any isp for that matter!):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

dub45 wrote:
    Whatever about the price imagine claiming that you could jump between talk talk and bt (or any isp for that matter!):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

exactly :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

when you get a bill in the door from talktalk for your phone calls within a month or so, dont be surprised.

A few years ago, we had the exact same thing when an Esat salesperson came along and my mum ended up asking him to send on more info, and had to sign a form to do so, now i ask you, why do you need to sign anything to be sent information on a service via post.

Anyways, month later, we got a EUR250 bill in the door from Esat, which we refused to pay for obvious reasons, even after getting a 'pay up now' letter. We replied via a strongly worded letter and heard no more from them and were switched back to eircom.

If you are doubtful about anything, the last thing you want to do is sign a form, ANY form

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

as for your cooling off :D , dial 19800 when you get home and do so regularly to ensure that you are not changed over to Talk Talk.

an email to talktalk cc consumerline@comreg.ie would be in order right now.

subject ,

Exercise off cooling off rights , cancelling talktalk please confirm by reply to all

and remember peeps

If it SOUNDS too good to be true it IS too good to be true!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While TalkTalk (carphone warehouse) do offer broadband within the UK they have no such info for Ireland according to talktalk.ie,

I remember reading here a number of months ago about a similar situation where a talktalk employee was offering broadband but again no solid info was available on this at the time either.

Advertisement