Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help applying for loan

Options
  • 12-12-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I need €7000 to pay off a legal fee and I'm going applying for a loan in the next few days. I owe €5000 to the credit union too so I've asked both MBNA & GE Money for a €12000 loan already and both wouldn't give it. I have an excellent credit rating. I've been borrowing money for 9 years with no problems. I've got several car loans before no problem so i'm thinking i'm not getting this loan because its to pay off a legal fee. Should I say its for legal fee or can someone think of a differant reason I should tell them? If i got a car loan off a differant place do they have to get a reg number of the car I'd be buying? I could tell them i was going to pay cash for the car to get a better deal and haven't picked out a specific car yet.
    Where is a good place to look for a loan, can anyone recommend a bank?
    Any help appreciated as I've never had as much trouble getting a loan :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Home improvements is a good bet generally if you're a homeowner
    though you won't get it off GE or MBNA now...

Try your credit union they are normally quite sympathetic if you are a member and you explain! or just say its for a car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

You might "think" you have an excellent credit rating, But TBH you would be better off going for a loan with the bank you deal with, they would have better details on how your current a/c has operated over the last yr and so would be able to make a more informed loan decision (based on ur out goings / incomings) without the need for necessarily going to the Irish Credit Bureau. It might be no harm contacting the Irish Credit Bureau and seeing what they have on your file.

Advertisement