Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General betting question

Options
  • 12-12-2006 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

If i were to place a bet on say Jack lester to score the first goal of the match for Notts Forrest against Sailsbury tonight, if the game ends 0-0 do i get my money back? As there were no Goals.And after all u are betting on "first goal" ....Just curious.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I dont think so. You'll only get your money back if he doesnt start.

Not 100% sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Wont even get your money back if he doesnt start. Youll jsut loose your bet if it ends 0-0... whether he plays or not. he may have to be in the squad, ie on the pitch or on the bench not sure about that.. might depend on who your betting with, they offer money back specials sometimes on the big games to encourage betting

If he doesnt start you should get your money back, the bet would be voided surely?

If thats not the case, you using one **** bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

If he starts obviously your bets is still going
    if he is a sub but comes on after a goal you get given a NR (or void bet = money-back)
    if he comes on and no goal has been scored then he is in the running to be first so your bet is still running.
    if he comes on and no goal has been scored and the match finishes 0-0 then you lose your money.
    if your bet is with a bookie who has a special on the match you may get your losing bet back if such and such a thing happens i.e. on sunday Paddy Powers refunded all losing 1st/last, correct score and scorecast singles because Ashley Cole got booked.
    if the game ends 0-0 do i get my money back? As there were no Goals.And after all u are betting on "first goal"

That is covered by offering odds on "no goalscorer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Thats all i needed to know. cheers lads
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Also remember own goals don't count in this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Also remember own goals don't count in this market.
    A good point that we punters can use to our advantage.
    If you are going to back a 0-0 draw, don't, that's not just because it may kill you having to watch chance after chance (the heart can only take so much).
    No, if you back no goalscorer on the first goal coupon, then you win if it finishes 0-0, and you also win if there is all goals scored in the game are own goals. I know it isn't much, but the odds are the same and you've slightly increased your chances of winning. In short it's a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

If my memory is correct I think P.Power used to treat your bet as a non-runner on first goalscorer if the player you backed was a sub and came on with 15 minutes or less left to go in the match. I don't think they do that anymore as I don't see it mentioned in the rules on their website or any other bookmakers site for that matter. I can see the point of a rule like this though. If it's 0-0 and a manager wants to slow down the momentum of the opposition approaching the end of the game, I'd be disappointed if my player was thrown on from the bench and therefore my bet was "on" only for full time to go a couple of seconds later. I don't know where you stood if it was scoreless with 15mins or less to go and your player came off the bench to score the 1st goal. I assume you got paid out.

I had it written in my original reply-post, but deleted it, they (paddypower) used to give you up to the 80th minute for your player to score/come on and score, but these days you haven't a hope!!

Meant to ask you healio, whats the deal with the signature?

• Advertisement

Ah there just the colours of a few of the owners who usually have good horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

ziggy67 wrote:
    Who's the second one from the left Healio?

:eek:

ziggy67 wrote:
    Who's the second one from the left Healio?

Where did you get the pics from?

They are the colours of Conor Clarkson, Kicking king would be the most famous, others include Finger onthe pulse, baker's bridge and King's Advocate.

I got them from irish-racing.com through google's picture search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement