Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need alot of help

Options
  • 12-12-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

goin unreg for this.

was with the girl of my dreams for 3 months. we broke up becuase she wasnt over her ex who controled her alot. we have been texting ever since we broke up 6 months ago. last week she asked me if i want ed to meet up and try again. i was the happiest ive been in along time to hear this. she said she was busy for the week adn said maybe meet up next week ( now this week)

i asked her last week if she was able to meet up. she said no and i got a bit disapointed and said a few things i shouldnt off. she got really annoyed at me.

I appologiesed no end and it didnt work.

I text her last night and asked her if i had riend i for good?

she text back saying she couldnt asnwer that. I apologiesd again and she told me that i scared her off. and she left it at that.

It was so out of character for me. (i didnt name call or get fiscious)I blew things way of proportion due to my disappointment . i was so looking forward toi seeing her. she is the woman of my dreams and the one i want to spend my life with.

what do i do?

I need help to try and help her forgive me

my hearet has been ripped out due to my stupidity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

give her time. And hope she deleted the text message and doesn't dwell on it.

So now you know... always think before you hit SEND.

But I really believe only time will lead her back to you. Stay pleasant and upbeat. Maybe send her a silly PM in a week or so. Make her laugh. That will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'thanks seems logical!!!

its hard to think logically when your head is a mess and cant sleep over this.

any more advice from anyone?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

What age are you?

I am sorry, but I find it hard to understand and read your post.

She didnt/couldnt meet you and you got upset with her? You said somethings that you didnt mean and now she wont reply?

Well, Id give her sometime. If you have apologised, there is nothing more you can do. I know how frustrating it must be when she didnt arrange to meet up. Dont loose the cool with her again. If she meant what she said, she'll come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

If you text like you post it's a bloody miracle she understood enough to be offended.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I text her last night and asked her if i had riend i for good?

You... what? This seems to be key to your story but it's gibberish, so you might want to retype it in English for us to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Faith wrote:
    You... what? This seems to be key to your story but it's gibberish, so you might want to retype it in English for us to help.

i think maybe it was meant to be "if i had ruined it for good".

that's how i read it anyway

OP, you can't do any more than your original apology for the moment, give her a little time and then contact her again, but don't launch into an apology, she'd probably rather forget about it...
    If, when you speak to her again try to just make it a normal, jovial conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't contact her again for a while, give her some space and more texting isn't going to help you now. Like Faith, I couldn't understand what you said in the text. Could you please clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,248 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you text like you post it's a bloody miracle she understood enough to be offended.
    I think thats a bit unfair. Please post constructively or don't post at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Send flowers? Give her space and don't pressure her. After awhile, invite her to a nice brunch, with no commitments, just a chance to chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Don't send her flowers. They're a crap way of apologising for anything.

And stop with the whole 'rest of my life' rubbish. You're scaring me FFS, never mind what she might think if you go spouting that nonsense.

Just leave her alone for a while. She was 'controlled' by her ex, and then you go off the handle with her when she doesn't do exactly what you wanted from her, so what do you expect? Leave her to cool off, until she makes the next move. You don't get to try and convince her now. Just stay cool and either wait for her to make a move, or move on.

If you can't do that, you'll get a push off from her for good.

Sorry lad, many of us have been there, and it's just the way it works - like it or not.

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Girls are strange, indeed, but at least they're in constant supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,248 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Húrin, please post constructively and on-topic.

The next person to post negatively or off-topic will be put on the naughty list (banned).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

All this "girl of my dreams" stuff doesnt sound so good.
    You were with her for 3 months and ye broke up because of her ex. That sound shady to me. If someone broke up with me, even if they were the girl of my dreams, I would have to say a permanent bye bye, because of the potential to get head ****ed the way that you clearly are now. Since then ye have tried communicating and it hasnt worked out. She has blown you off a few times now, and seems to be leading you on. If things are working like this right before any relationship even starts up, its clear that the things that you two want out of the relationship are totally different things. And to be honest, to say that this girl is the girl of your dreams sounds a bit immature, a little OTT and scary, and borne more out of inexperience / lust than life experience. Plus you kinda make her sound like a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'thanks to everyone for the advise.ive taken it all on board :)
    I havent contacted her for a full week. I really want to txt her though.But have deleted her number.lol'

Advertisement