Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental Science

Options
  • 11-12-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I'm really considering doing this course next year, but there is one thing that worries me, im not doing chemistry or bioligy for the leaving cert, only physics. Im looking at the subjects that you do in this course and there seems to be alot of chemistry and bioligy, would i struggle with either of these because im not doing them for the leaving cert? I heard that you start off as if noone has a knowledge of these subjects, but apparently that is just a myth!

Could someone please help me here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wouldn't worry about it. When I started Computer Systems many moons ago they said zero knowledge of computing was required - what it means is basically everyone gets thrown in at the deep end. I'm not sure about this, but I have a feeling the chem/biology aspect of the course would probably be alien to ye all, including those who've done it for the leaving. I wouldn't worry about it, if you genuinely know you want to do this course you're already in a far better position than the thousands of LC students who annually apply for random courses because they haven't a clue what they want to do. Plus UL is a hell of a laugh...

Advertisement