Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 11-12-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I dont know where to start really this is very hard. Well over the last couple of months i have been going through a lot. There have been a lot of issues i have had to face for the first time and talk about and things that i cannot really dicuss with anyone as it might invade someone elses privacy. I have faced a lot about my past and so have people around me and there have been revelations some not so plesant. But i have realized i have a wonderful family there to support me. But i have a problem because of said emotional issues i have not been able to explain much to friends i cannot really go into the truth with them for many reasons but i dont want to hide it or tell a convienant story anymore to explain my pain (something i have done in the past) i dont know what to do.:( :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

If you are looking for advice you need to explain what you mean. If you are afraid of someone copping on its you then wait a few days and explain your problem as an unregged user.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sorry OP but can you be more specific in your description of the prob? I read that post 3 times and I am none the wiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Ok sorry about that i may do as you suggest thanks disregard post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Lou.m wrote:
    But i have a problem because of said emotional issues i have not been able to explain much to friends i cannot really go into the truth with them for many reasons but i dont want to hide it or tell a convienant story anymore to explain my pain
    Lou, I count myself as one of your friends and know others. You know a lot of us are not easily shocked or horrified or likely to not be able to handle something we hear about you. You also know what an breaking an oath would mean to some of us should you want us to swear to it not going further.

If you really can't talk to any of us, maybe talk to a counsellor. The privacy of someone else wouldn't be an issue as (unless there is an ongoing risk to the safety of a child) a counsellor won't break that confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Just because you have had to take time out to deal with things and to be selfish for your own sake in a good way does not mean your friends think less of you or hold you in less reguard or affection.

It can be very hard when there has been distance even much needed distance from friends who were once close to understand that good and true friends won't shun you because you have been out of contact.

Good friends will also knowing that you are working through issues will give you the time and space to do that and wait for you to be able to go for a cup of coffee and even just talk about the weather.

Sometimes the greatest confidences are ones of slience and questions never asked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Thanks guys

Advertisement