Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas

Options
  • 11-12-2006 11:13am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Do all you buddhists celebrate christmas at all? I still do, though without the churchgoing etc. Mainly just as a time of goodwill and buying nice things for friends and family to make them happy :)
    I was asked recently why I celebrate it since I'm a buddhist, which is why I'm asking if I'm the only one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

bluewolf wrote:
    Do all you buddhists celebrate christmas at all? I still do, though without the churchgoing etc. Mainly just as a time of goodwill and buying nice things for friends and family to make them happy :)
    I was asked recently why I celebrate it since I'm a buddhist, which is why I'm asking if I'm the only one!
    I do celebrate christmas in the spirit of peace to all men. Then I eat, drink and help the wife unwrap those *special* presents;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

In our house, we celebrate any holiday seasons thats wholesome.
    As long as the message is good and something we can all learn from.

Advertisement