Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 40'

Options
  • 10-12-2006 4:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Link

Any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of detailed specs, and at €1299 I'd be inclined to think that another 100 notes would be getting a 42" Phillips plasma from Dunnes or Powercity - the one in Dunnes has a built-in DVBT tuner, handy for existing trial and future-proofing.

Appreciate that the technologies are different etc, but I had a look at the one in Dunnes and (despite being fed composite video which originated in some piece of siht dvd player and then (presumably) through a distribution box of some kind, it still looked fairly watchable at normal living room distances.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'd be inclined anyway to go towards a known brand, especially for the price lidl are asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

was thinking of maybe buying this

would it be worth it or wait till the Jan sales and buy a named brand ?

Advertisement