Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure...

Options
  • 10-12-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I had sex with my boyfriend for the second time. It was my second time overall as well. He put on a condom and all that but afterwards I was very wet down there. I'm not totally inexperienced, I know it's part of the process to get wet but I was like wet all over my thighs and I noticed that the bed was kinda damp too. I know he was wearing a condom but I'm scared it leaked, is that possible or is just natural for a girl to get that wet? I really don't want to get pregnant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

IF you are concerned about getting pregnant look into addiontal forms of contraception.
    If you are using condoms you ro your partner needs to when it is removed check for tears or leaks.

Yes for some women it is natural for them to be that wet when they are turned on, some to the extend that it can create puddles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

It is entirely possible for women to get that wet, even ejaculate. It is natural in a state of high arousal.
    Did you talk to your boyfriend and ask about any problems with the condom? that is did it tear or come off?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

for future occasions, if you want better peice of mind, get the boyfried to fill the condom with water afterwards, it'll show if there's any tears or holes... easier to flush down the loo too (last comment intended as joke. Sorry Talliesin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

He put on a condom and all that but afterwards I was very wet down there. …I was like wet all over my thighs and I noticed that the bed was kinda damp too. I know he was wearing a condom but I'm scared it leaked, is that possible or is just natural for a girl to get that wet?
    Not only is it possible for a woman to get that wet, but the amount of fluid you can get from a woman is much greater than even the most impressive ejaculation from a man.

Think about it. The biological purpose of you getting wet is to for lubrication, possibly to signal arousal (evolution is a slow process and we only started wearing clothes after we lost much of our fur, before then just being wet could have been the equivalent of letting him buy you a drink) and to give the sperm a fluid to swim in once they are inside you. The biological purpose of ejaculate is to have a fluid for sperm to swim in until they get as far as being in the moist vagina. This last task takes far less fluid, generally a couple of teaspoons at most.

Really, if you were wet all over your thighs then it wasn't from him. Have a look at how much (or rather how little) sperm is produced the next time you have sex.

See also [thread=2055015358]this thread[/thread].
    miles teg wrote:
    easier to flush down the loo too.
    Oh, and be very careful about any man that flushes condoms down the loo. If he's being childish, lazy and irresponsible in a situation where it would be normal to try to act in a way that impresses you, what kind of a filthy slob is he going to be when you've been together for a year. Probably best to dump such a guy now and get it over with.

Talliesin wrote:
    Oh, and be very careful about any man that flushes condoms down the loo. If he's being childish, lazy and irresponsible in a situation where it would be normal to try to act in a way that impresses you, what kind of a filthy slob is he going to be when you've been together for a year. Probably best to dump such a guy now and get it over with.

:confused::confused::confused:
    ha?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

We're going off topic, but I was 100% serious there. If someone is doing something actively slobbish; not just having a few dishes undone but actively doing something like flushing condoms down the toilet or throwin beer cans into the garden instead of tidying them away, in the early stages of a relationship, then they are definitely not a "keeper".

More importantly, flushing them down the toilet could be because he doesn't know you shouldn't flush them down the toilet. If he doesn't know that then he hasn't learned how to use them properly. If he hasn't learned how to use them properly then he may very well not be using them properly. And in that case it isn't safer sex.

I still don't follow your point about being "actively slobish". My original point was about filling with water for better piece of mind. The toilet was a joke added to the end of the sentece (perhaps should have added a smiley). But I'm sure some people would prefer to do that if they lived with their parents say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Condoms are not ment to be disposed of by flushing.
    They clog up the swerage system and don't degrade and are hazzardous to the enviroment they ae ment to be put in the bin.

Condoms are filtered out in sewage treatment and end up in landfills anyway. Not trying to start a debate her (particularly since I don't use condoms myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Talliesin wrote:
    We're going off topic, but I was 100% serious there. If someone is doing something actively slobbish; not just having a few dishes undone but actively doing something like flushing condoms down the toilet or throwin beer cans into the garden instead of tidying them away, in the early stages of a relationship, then they are definitely not a "keeper".

More importantly, flushing them down the toilet could be because he doesn't know you shouldn't flush them down the toilet. If he doesn't know that then he hasn't learned how to use them properly. If he hasn't learned how to use them properly then he may very well not be using them properly. And in that case it isn't safer sex.

thats quite a leap

a man who flushes condoms, is not a "keeper"

sorry for going off topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

miles teg wrote:
    Condoms are filtered out in sewage treatment and end up in landfills anyway. Not trying to start a debate her (particularly since I don't use condoms myself)

Sorry to go completely off topic -

They're only filtered out if they make it all the way to the screening units at the treatment plant. In somewhere like dublin this could mean 20 miles or more of piping that they have to "navigate" before they get there. So its by no means certain that 100% of them make it there ....... and even if they do in a lot of smaller plants someone has to remove them with a rake or shovel - (can you imagine if the first thing you have to do at work on a monday morning is pick out all the condoms that people flushed down the toilet of a weekend!!!)

Also in most larger sewerage systems in towns around ireland there will be a need for pumped sumps and although I can't confirm this I have a suspiscion that 8 inches of stringy rubber is not the best thing to go through the impellor of a pump.

Also if you live in a rural area they may clog your septic tank and thats not a pretty sight :rolleyes:

If a mod thinks this is too far off topic please delete it.

For the OP: I'm no expert but some girls can get very wet down there and the "wetspot" on the bed is a common issue ....... you could put down a towel next time if you think its warranted.

Advertisement