Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok had a few too many beers....

Options
  • 09-12-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

...and i cannot be hungover tomorrow morning........any reccomendations, drinking fcuk loads of water before i go to bed sometimes works but not always, give me all your recomandations.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Eat.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

water mellon

soakage

potatoes, bread, crisps

white foods! and Salty foods too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

personally i've found that drinking more doesnt work at all.... but gradually you care less and less about the net day...

More booze ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Atari Jaguar converted into a time machine. Go back and steal your own beerses so's you can't get yourself (past self) soused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Drink more.

Vodka helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pint of water.... all of it.

you be fine

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How much did you drink? Multiply each pint by two and that's how many hours it will take to be completely sober....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah, time machine idea above.

Supposedly cold showers and eating bread doesnt actually do anything at all. And for every unit of alcohol you consume, it takes an hour to leave your body. Or something along those lines.

So, just drink a shot of whiskey when you wake up first thing in the morning and you'll be fine and dandy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Fruit juice and paracetamol. A lot of water.

A hangover is partly dehydration, partly chemical. Drink plenty, get sugar in. A godd breakfast will help. And something for your breath. Best way to avoid a hangover though is not to drink.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I always find taking a glass of milk and a vitamin tablet helps significantly, along with a pint or two of water. It won't get you sober quicker, but will ensure you remain more hydrated, have a better electrolyte balance, and the protein and fat in the milk help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

nipplenuts wrote:
    paracetamol

I would avoid putting your kidneys and liver under the strain of taking paracetemol until the morning, if you still need it. taking it before you go to bed aint gonna help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

3 pints of water and a few paracetamols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I've never had a "cure" work for me. Your body is running on alcohol until it's used up and its as simple as that. B vitamins might help but it won't be a significant difference. As far as soakage goes, that should be done before drinking, not after!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Stay up until you're sober. Or more sober at least. Drink a lot of water, eat some bagels and go for a walk if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Be a man! Have a hangover! Deal with it! ... Don't let it show!

(Ha!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have not gotten a hangover in about 12 months. I don't just drink a pint of water, but literally force down about 3 or 4 pints. Wake up groggy, but otherwise fine. I honestly swear by it. I found with only a single pint, it helped but not fully. Increase water - decrease hangover. Until point where hangover disappeared entirely with enough water. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

HavoK wrote:
    Increase water - decrease hangover. Until point where hangover disappeared entirely with enough water. :)
    Is that not called drowning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Go vomit, then caffeine the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Eat, and drink some water before bed... Also go to bed asap.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

mloc wrote:
    I would avoid putting your kidneys and liver under the strain of taking paracetemol until the morning, if you still need it. taking it before you go to bed aint gonna help much.

Beg to differ. Whenever I go on a good pissup I take 2 tylenol before going to bed. I never wake up with a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

a quick responce on boards sets me right ,that or the drive for the wii.why does every laugh at me when i say i want a wii ?to obivous or too drunK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

mike65 wrote:
    Eat.

Mike.

Yeah, eat mike, he`ll help soak it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

why does every laugh at me when i say i want a wii ?to obivous or too drunK?
    A little from column A, a little from column B.

Fingers down throat followed by a pint of water, then two Solpadeine for breakfast always used to work for me when I was young and wreckless (i.e. last week).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Chocolate or skittles. The sugar rush will help you through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Jesus i cant believe actually wrote a thread about this........

.....anywho no hangover! woo!
    downed a couple of pints of water before i fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

so why couldn't u have a hangover???

• Advertisement
Advertisement