Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident Black-ish Spots

Options
  • 08-12-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

We lad's a lasses its that time of year where the weather can be at its worse and for drivers no matter how experienced it can cause accidents or at the lease some "Heart in your Throat" kinda stuff.

So i thought this might be a good idea, basically if you come about any little problems on your travels that you reckon other drivers should look out for come on here and post it.

Heres 3 of my own:

1) M50 - Just under the blanchardstown exit.
    If it raining hard i try avoid the overtaking lane on this stretch under the bridges because it tens to flood a goot bit. Hitting this anything above 100 kmh is a gaurenteed Aquaplaning / Hydroplaning ride. Dangerous as hell!

2) M1 - Sliproad from M50
    The sliproad here is just plane stupid. Its tiny, it needs to be three times bigger than what it is at the moment due to the amount of traffic it deals with. Take it too fast and before you know it you've 5 seconds to merge with traffic at 120kmh, trow that with the bad lighting and ya got hell!

3) N32 - Just off the end of the M50 at the new Bewleys Hotel Roundabout
    This is a strange one that i've seen dozens of "almosts" at.
    If its just slightly wet, damp or if ya have bad tyres you need to crawl around this roundabout outside the hotel. I've seen hundreds of cars lose traction here and in one case a car turn a full 180*!
    The angle of the roundabout is sharp followed by a sharper turn off, the slant is steep and the surface isnt flat.... this is the spot i hate most.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I regularly pass through the KCR in Dublin. Accidents are regular at that junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

The junction of the Newcastle road and Tandy's lane/Hayden's lane at the moment. They are in the process of replacing the small roundabout that was there with traffic lights but until the traffic lights are operational they have a temporary roundabout made out of red and white traffic barriers. The size of the roundabout varies according to the amount of room the workers need and on occasion is smaller than the roundabout they removed.

The real genius of it is.... very early on in this work they removed the roundabout signs and the yield signs from both Newcastle rd. approaches so you can have somebody driving along the Newcastle rd. aware there are roadworks but at this junction has nothing to tell him the small collection of barriers that don't even extend onto his side of the road enough to cause him to slow down are/were supposed to be a roundabout.

I had to stop halfway accross the road one day as I could tell the guy approaching the "roundabout" at ~60kph was not going to stop, and sure enough he sailed right through and shot me a filthy look for almost getting in his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

On the Clonee by-pass heading for Dunshaughlin, on the final stretch coming off the dual carraigeway. Always flooded right across the two lanes whenever there is rain. highly dangerous

Advertisement