Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 mod?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

i keep finding tutorials here there and everywhere, but would someone mind explaining [briefly] what flashin the 360 enables u to do? Sorry bout the lame question, I genuinely cant see netin bout it

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pirate games, and that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

ah right, thanx mate

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Pirate games, and that is all.
    if i had a us xbox360 and flashed it, would it let me play EU games?

cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Should play them all but playing Pirate games is bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Allows you to use BACKUPS of your games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

so thats a yes then, a person can use PAL games on a US xbox360 once its flashed?

Cheers for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

jonny24ie wrote:
    Should play them all but playing Pirate games is bad!!

No it doesn't. You still can't play foreign games unless they're region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

No, flashing doesnt allow you to play games from other regions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kenny 5 wrote:
    No it doesn't. You still caan't play foreign games unless they're region free.

AH right!! I'm not too up on my Xbox's so I didn't know what the story was!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

actually, anyone know if its theoretically possible that somewhere down the line we'll get a fw hack to turn the boxes multiregion? thatd be great for dvd watching for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Helix wrote:
    actually, anyone know if its theoretically possible that somewhere down the line we'll get a fw hack to turn the boxes multiregion? thatd be great for dvd watching for me
    You do know that its waaaaaay easier just to make a standalone dvd player region free? If not, gimme the make and model of your standalone dvd player, and once its not too old or obscure, I should be able to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i know that, but i only have 2 sockets within reach of my tv/console, and im too cheap to buy an adapter lol

tho i shall have a look for the model number of my dvd/divx player, coz that being multiregion would almost inspire me to buy the adapter

Advertisement