Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick for the weekend :(

Options
  • 08-12-2006 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

I've been sick with the flu for the past 2 days and don't think I'm gonna be able to shake it for the weekend. I'm so pished off because I wanted to go out with the lads but I feel like crap with the stuffed up nose, sneezing, migraines and pains in my chest. ARRRG! :mad:

The worse part is I should have expected it because I get sick near the beginning of December every year. :rolleyes: I think I'll be watching movies and playing the Xbox for the entire weekend.

Are any other boardies sick, and if so, what's the plan for the weekend?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, I go into hospital again on Sunday (for elective treatment) for a week and will be sick for a week afterwards :( I suppose that I am lucky that I feel great at the moment apart from a cold, will be going out for pre-Christmas lunch with my family, then a film with my brother, then the beer briefly.

I think that the best thing to do is to relax, take anti-flu tablets and make the most of being pampered by everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

go out anyway, i was sick last thursday (sore bones,shivers, cough) and had planned to go out, so i took some limsip and uni-flu, a few hours sleep and went out and got drunk.
    I was fine the next morning o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Sleep, medication and hope are all you got if ya wanna shake it off.

I'm sick, its kinda a good thing because it means i might not be for xmas which seems to happen every year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

AWW! I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. Wish you a speedy recovery, but nows your excuse to put the feet up, drag a duvet into the sitting room infront of a roaring fire watch crap on tv and fall asleep whenever you want. Have a few hot whiskeys/brandys after all its nearly xmas and txt all your friends tell them your not well and they'll barage you with txts! Hope any1 whos not feeling well gets better soon!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Everyones got the flu. I had it on Monday, got some medication to stop it traveling to my chest (bad things happen after that). I'm over it now. It's a bad dose alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Get some Lemsip Max Strength into ya, "sorts the men from the boys" *taps box*. :)
    I have had a headache from hell for the last few days and I really hope I get a good night of rest tonight to clear that up because I want to be able to enjoy and enjoy some tasty dinner over the weekend somewhere. Get better soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd prefer to be sick than to have my weekend ahead of me! Non stop studying, coupled with screaming frustration and regular panicking, culminating with three days of exams starting on Monday :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Sorry to hear you got it, its a bad dose going around right now, we both got it for about a week each in this house, but we r over it now thank godess.

I can highly recommend the "Lemsip cold and flu CAPSULES," there is a seperate pack for day (with caffeine) and night (without).
    That and my own home remedy got us thru it relatively unscathed.

(My own home remedy:
    Warm some (pure) orange juice in microwave, add half teasp sugar, some cloves and ginger, let steep for few mins and sip over 30-mins).

B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Faith wrote:
    I'd prefer to be sick than to have my weekend ahead of me! Non stop studying, coupled with screaming frustration and regular panicking, culminating with three days of exams starting on Monday :(.

Frustration you say? Look no further! Enjoy. :)

P.S. You'll be fine with the exams, best o' luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah, nice one Ruu, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I have a Pleuritic chest infection. It's where the pleura on your lung become enflamed and cause friction off your rips. Quite ****ing sore tbh. Think of a cheese grater inside your chest.

I'm also supposed to go on a big all-day session on Sunday. Somehow I doubt it. I need to quit the smokes too, which is never fun :mad:

And do you know what I did yesterday? I bit my tongue by accident biting a sandwhich. FFS!

xbox and PC for me I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Echinatea Tincture get it in health and the natural shops. helps with colds and flus and general ailments, was fairly sceptical about it but it works miricles

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

A hot soft drink while taking cold remedy used to always help me. Faith, good luck in your exams, I know that you will do well. Ruu, love the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah 7-up especially warm and flat

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Ruu wrote:
    Frustration you say? Look no further! Enjoy. :)
    best link ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Yeah I'm sick aswell, had a flu/cold thing for the past two weeks, and it decided to turn into a chest infection last Monday. Currently doped up to my eyelids on steroids, anti-biotics, mad powerful prescription cough stuff and any other drugs I can lay my hands on.

Suppose I'm actually getting some work done for once...so it's not all that bad. Still blows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Im still sufering from the cold that i told ye about like 5 weeks ago and the asthma that comes with it still has not gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm gonna pretend those last 2 posts don't exist, because if I'm sick for much longer I won't be a happy camper. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Ive been sick for a while now too. Just a cold really but my chest is messed up too. Dont know how I got it though, havent really been outside in a while.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dr Blue prescribes Irish Coffees (plenty of them!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

Well im in a cast for 6 weeks, so thats my plan for an extremely drunken christmas pretty much gone. Might get some study done or something equally exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

I confess that I imported that sickly funk from the US! I've had it on and off for about 10 weeks.....sorry. They should've quarantined me.:eek:

Advertisement