Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lathe for making drumsticks

Options
  • 08-12-2006 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to get a lathe for making drum sticks. Does anyone know what type would be usefull for this? I am a complete novice! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hmmmm .. personally I'd say get some general wood turning lessons first before you dive in to getting your own lathe, especially if you're a complete novice at this as you say. Actually making something long and thin like a drumstick is not quite as easy as it may sound .. they can flex (whip) while you're turning and make life very difficult for you.

One important question, how long are these drum sticks going to be? That'll be an important deciding factor in choosing a suitable lathe, should you decide to go ahead.

Advertisement