Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Coincidences

Options
  • 07-12-2006 11:56pm

So.. bugger.

There have been a one or two strange coincidences for me today. Earlier I was in the shop and bought a bottle of pepsi, airwaves chewing gums, mints, and a roll.. the total price came to.. €6.66 -- yes, 666.

Gets worse...

About an hour ago I was recording a musical as part of my course and there was a raffle. So I bought 4 tickets (2 for me, 2 for my friend). I didnt look at them whatsoever and just handed whichever ones to my friend. At the top of the ticket which number did I see? 666.

Damnit. I better not see the devil tonight. Or any horny feckers. Damn.

... so ... what strange coincidences have happened to you lot lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I get a few of these every so often. Like clicking on Gareth Bale in Football Manager (believe it or not it isn't something I do very regularly :D) as the woman on RTE News said the word "bail".

Just those little things happen me every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I will be sitting in work bored, then all of a sudden a line from the simpsons/a movie will enter my head, then when i get home and flick through the channels, that very episode/movie will be on.

Other times i will get an urge to check my phone, and i will take it out then put it back in my pocket, and as soon as its back in my pocket it will ring or i'll get a text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Like singing a song and then turning on the radio to hear it being played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Healio wrote:
    I will be sitting in work bored, then all of a sudden a line from the simpsons/a movie will enter my head, then when i get home and flick through the channels, that very episode/movie will be on.
    Has been happening to me for years with the Simpsons.
    I'm getting some pretty heavy 'monorail' vibes again... 'Is there a chance the track could bend?'
    I'm also getting Troy McClure in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

boneyarsebogman, this thread is just ACHING for a post from The Extreme Empress of Evil! Muwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!

There! now you're bound to win! W00t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

'Is there a chance the track could bend?'

Not on your life, my Hindu friend...

Sorry, I just had to!

One time myself and a friend, in what was certainly a bit of a break from our usual carry-on, went to a field near where we live to chill out for a bit one evening. There was a bit of a narrow walkway down to the field, and it was pitch-black, but we walked it anyway and sat listening to his bands new EP and talking some fairly deep stuff about life and that...

Anyway, my dad's best friend walks his dogs through the field every morning and as I found out later the next day, he had found a guy hanging from one of the trees we had brushed past the previous night in the dark.

Bit eerie, and I got a very weird feeling when I heard that and realised that there is a very strong chance that the guy was hanging there whilst we walked past.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Not on your life, my Hindu friend...

Sorry, I just had to!

One time myself and a friend, in what was certainly a bit of a break from our usual carry-on, went to a field near where we live to chill out for a bit one evening. There was a bit of a narrow walkway down to the field, and it was pitch-black, but we walked it anyway and sat listening to his bands new EP and talking some fairly deep stuff about life and that...

Anyway, my dad's best friend walks his dogs through the field every morning and as I found out later the next day, he had found a guy hanging from one of the trees we had brushed past the previous night in the dark.

Bit eerie, and I got a very weird feeling when I heard that and realised that there is a very strong chance that the guy was hanging there whilst we walked past.

wow now thats freaky!

one time i was alone in the house and in my room when all of a sudden the radio turned on and the chorus of a song called "somebodys watching me" started playing really loudly...i was sh1tting it!!

i think the reason for the radio was that i accidentally hit a button as i walked past so thats explainable but what are the chances of THAT song coming on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Loads of times I'm about to ring someone and as I pick up the phone it rings, and it's the person I was thinking of. Freaky stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

oh the time i was in this little village in waterford and i see a cop car going up and down the street a couple of times.about 1 hour later i was going through another village and there was the same car.followed me for about 5 miles too :( i think he had the wrong person he didnt pull me over though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I recently found a receipt from June in my coat pocket. For some reason i felt the urge to glance at the date :confused:

06/06/06 16:06

I just had to stick it in a frame lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

666? Have a lot of 6 can make you go blind?

Advertisement