Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend matches 9th, 10th dec

Options
  • 07-12-2006 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Here's my bet for the weekend with pp. Hope i have a bit of luck for once!

Man Utd v Man City
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3

Liverpool v Fulham
    Liverpool @ 1 - 3

Tottenham v Charlton
    Tottenham @ 1 - 2

Watford v Reading
    Reading @ 8 - 5

Bolton v West Ham
    Bolton @ 4 - 5

Bet Type Accumulator (5) (To Win)
    Tax@Tax Free 0
    Total Stake Due €2.00

Stake per Line €2.00 Total Amount Paid €2.00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Well it's not the same as your bet but boyles have this deal on.

Man United - Liverpool - Chelsea - Tottenham - Celtic - Rangers, All 6 To Win 8/1

If you get five bets in out of six you get your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Kilmarnock @ 8-13
    Oxford @ 4-6
    Levante @ 13-8
    Lorient @ 8-11
    PSV @ 8-13
    Sporting Lisbon @ 8-13

30/1

Now for a more realistic chance :)

Brentford V Tranmere

Brentford are falling apart, they haven't scored in the past 5 league games and the last 2 home games they have lost 4-0 each time. Tranmere are doing ok, on the edge of promotion as usual, did well to come back from Scunthorpe imo with a point but it broke a 4 game winning spell.

Tramere to win @ 6/5

Stoke V QPR

Stoke are in 7th in the League and are unbeaten in the last six games. QPRare in 19th place and have lost the last three games. QPR missing Jones and Rehman.

Stoke to win @ 8/11

Watford V Reading

Reading dropped their first points in five games after their defeat away to Newcastle. Reading were on a four game winning streak before that defeat and are in 6th place in the League. Watford have no wins in five games in all competitions and have one point from the last possible twelve. They have also failed to score in six of the last eight League games.Watford are bottom of the League after just one win in 15 games and are missing their captain Mahon.

Reading to win @ 8/5

Treble: Tranmere, stoke & Reading all to win @ 8.88/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I like the look of Oldham away, I might put them in a couple of small accas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

man utd/win=1-3
    liverpool/win=1-3
    spurs/win=1-2
    bolton/win=4-5
    newcastle/draw=11-5

return of 15.36 for one placed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah yes, been looking forward to this coupon. Have had it more or less picked since Tuesday and confidence is high! Gonna have my biggest soccer coupon bet in a while today.

Man Utd V Man City @1/3: Man Citys dreadful away record is well documented(1 win and 6 losses in 8 games)and its not likely to improve today. Man Utd are playing well lately and they'll be determined to open up a 9 point gap on Chelsea . Anyway not much analysis needed here. Home win

Liverpool V Fulham@1-3: Fulham are also bad travellers and like City they've won just once away from home all season. Liverpools home form has been excellent, its just their away form that has let them down this year. In this fixture last year Liverpool won 5-1 and the season before that it was 3-1. Bellamy and Kuyt looked good when trashing Wigan last week and the fact pool played in Europe midweek won't really matter as most of their 1st team was rested.

Airdrie V Gretna@2/5: Gretna are back in top form after a mid season blip and have scored an impressive 16 goals in the past 5 games to open up a 5 point lead at the top of the 1st Div. Airdrie have lost 5 of their past 7 games and lie rock bottom of the division. Airdrie have an important midfielder suspended and defender Lovering is injured. Gretna are injury free.

Notts County V Macclesfield@4/6: Seconds out Round 4! Time for Pighead to exorcise his Macclesfield demons. Macclesfield have shattered 3 of my coupons this season with their stubborn attitudes and refusal to lose against better teams. Theres no way this team is good enough to go on a sustained unbeaten run and they will be found out today. Notts County lie in 7th place 21 points ahead of Wankersfield. They've lost their last 2 but in fairness that was against league leaders and high flying Hartlepool. The Guvnor is missing his midfield general today(Navarro suspended for getting sent off last week) and confidence is high that they will be stuffed today.

Ebdon(to get highest break of match) V Bingham@4/5: Ebdon has played by far the best snooker of anybody this week so far. He beat Selby 9-6 the other day getting 5 centuries and a 96 break. Amazing stuff. Bingham has scraped through to this stage beating both McCleod and Carter 9-8. In the 34 frames hes played so far hes managed just 1 century break. For this reason i'm gonna take Paddy Powers most generous offer of 4/5 for Ebdon to make the highest break in the match. Crazy odds for me.

Elgin V Buckie Thistle@11/8: Risky one here but I reckon these could be quite generous odds. Elgin lie bottom of the 3rd division while Buckie lie top of the Highland League(Step below 3rd Div). Elgin have shown mucch improved home form of late and have won 2 of their last 3 games (5-0 and 3-1) They were narrowly beaten 3-2 by league leaders East Fife and I reckon that forms good enough to see off the Highland Leaguers.

The Fcuk You Macclesfield Accumulator:

80 Points : Man Utd, Liverpool, Ebdon(Highest Break), Gretna, Notts County@6.47/1

20 Points: Man Utd(To be leading after an Hour)@4/7, Elgin@11/8, Black Jack Ketchum(1.30 Cheltenham)@2/5, Liverpool@1/3, Tottenham@1/2, Ebdon to bt Bingham@4/6= 16.42/1

Good Luck To All(Except the Guvnor)

• Advertisement

Carlisle v Scunthorpe/Draw
    Chesterfield v Oldham/Draw
    Leyton Orient v Huddersfield/Draw
    Rotherham v Bristol City/Draw

return of 191.69 for one placed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Ok just bck from bookies -I bet on a lot of accum (had to take man utd out of them as i was too late):

spurs, bham, norwich, notts co, Wba, celtic.

Lpool, s'hampton, notts co, gretna.

lpool, s'land, wolves, k'nock, gretna, celtic.

lpool, palace, plymouth, s'hampton, celtic.

lpool, k'nock, gretna, celtic.

lpool, plymouth, s'hampton, notts co, celtic.

lpool, s'land (but on the printout it looks like a 2 which is luton?), wolves, gretna, celtic.

spurs, bham, k'nock, gretna.

yesterday:
    norwich, n.forest, partick, wba, accrington (was a mistake but meh wot u gonna do!)

man utd, lpool, palace, k'nock, stranraer, celtic.

so just a few bets this wkend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Ouch! The Guv strikes again Pighead. One down.

I have Spurs, Derby and Cardiff in a treble.

2 nil to the macclesfield now,the incey revolution has started

county wrote:
    2 nil to the macclesfield now,the incey revolution has started

Rage Building.....................
    On a brighter note Bet 2 is looking ok so far.

• Advertisement

I fancy Sevilla to bet Real Madrid later, and I'll probably do overs in the Barca game. Anyone looking at anything in the Spanish games?

Bateman wrote:
    I fancy Sevilla to bet Real Madrid later, and I'll probably do overs in the Barca game. Anyone looking at anything in the Spanish games?
    Think i'm gonna stay away from he Sevilla Madrid game, tough game to call so i'm just gonna watch it without the pressure of the coupon!

2 games I am interested in though are Barcelona V Sociedad and Real Madrid B V Salamanca tomorrow night.

Obviously the outright Barcelona win at 1/7 isn't gonna make anyone rich so I'm going to chance Barcelona to win both halves V Sociedad @6/5. Sociedad haven't won a game this season and lie bottom of the table. In this fixture last year Barca won 5-0(they also won the away game 2-0) and if anything Sociedad are worse this year.

Real Madrid(B) V Salamanca@6/4: Salamanca are missing their 4 1st choice defenders! This leaves them with only 3 fit defenders altogether and the coach has apparently been forced into playing a 3 5 2 formation. Bear in mind this will be with 3 reserve defenders. Real Madrid(B) team are in ok form at the minute and have W2 L1 and D1 of their last 4. If the reports about Salamancas defensive woes are true then this truly is a cracking price.

10 Points Double: Barca to win both halves, Real Madrid(B)@ 4.5/1
    2 Points Barcelona to win 4-0@8/1
    1 Point Barcelona to win 5-0@16/1
    2 Points Barca to win 4-1 @16/1

Good Luck with your Seville bet Bateman, should be a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

The following was found stuck to the away teams dressing room wall at Meadow Lane Nottingham after today's game v Macclesfield:
    Notts County V Macclesfield@4/6: Seconds out Round 4! Time for Pighead to exorcise his Macclesfield demons. Macclesfield have shattered 3 of my coupons this season with their stubborn attitudes and refusal to lose against better teams. Theres no way this team is good enough to go on a sustained unbeaten run and they will be found out today. Notts County lie in 7th place 21 points ahead of Wankersfield. They've lost their last 2 but in fairness that was against league leaders and high flying Hartlepool. The Guvnor is missing his midfield general today(Navarro suspended for getting sent off last week) and confidence is high that they will be stuffed today.
    As I said before, I'd hold out for the chelsea game:D

Cheers Pigman. When one of my own teams aren't involved, I like taking brave positions on the match-odds. I took Sevilla to beat Valencia a few weeks back, and I was shocked at just how easily they won, even given Valencia's much publicised injury problems.

I expect Barca to win as well, but against these teams they often need the kick up the arse that a goal conceded provides. These teams always raise their games for Barca away, and often take the lead. At a ludicrous price of 32 on the betfair match odds, I'm having a sneaky tenner on Sociedad in the hope that they score first and I can lay off.

Barca team
    Valdes, Belletti, Puyol, Edmilson, Sylvinho, Thuram, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Deco, Gudjohnsen, Giuly

Bateman wrote:
    Well done on the Seville game Bateman.Brave call and a decent price.

county wrote:
    man utd/win=1-3:)
    liverpool/win=1-3:)
    spurs/win=1-2:)
    bolton/win=4-5:)
    newcastle/draw=11-5:(

return of 15.36 for one placed

dam,so close

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Probably throwing away my money here but couldn't resist an Arsenal win @ 6.8 on Betfair. Although they could struggle to get a draw I still see it as good enough value. Going to try cover this bet by backing Lyon to win Vs. PSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Dec McC wrote:
    Here's my bet for the weekend with pp. Hope i have a bit of luck for once!

Man Utd v Man City
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3 :D

Liverpool v Fulham
    Liverpool @ 1 - 3 :D

Tottenham v Charlton
    Tottenham @ 1 - 2 :D

Watford v Reading
    Reading @ 8 - 5 :(

Bolton v West Ham
    Bolton @ 4 - 5 :D

Bet Type Accumulator (5) (To Win)
    Tax@Tax Free 0
    Total Stake Due €2.00

Stake per Line €2.00 Total Amount Paid €2.00

Nearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Pighead wrote:

Ebdon(to get highest break of match) V Bingham@4/5: Ebdon has played by far the best snooker of anybody this week so far. He beat Selby 9-6 the other day getting 5 centuries and a 96 break. Amazing stuff. Bingham has scraped through to this stage beating both McCleod and Carter 9-8. In the 34 frames hes played so far hes managed just 1 century break. For this reason i'm gonna take Paddy Powers most generous offer of 4/5 for Ebdon to make the highest break in the match. Crazy odds for me.

Anyone got the frame scoring for this? Can't find it on the BBC website?
    Says Ebdon was on course for a 147 but missed the last red. :(

Freiburg/win 13-8
    Fc Porto/win 8-11
    Cesena/draw 17-10
    Sheff Utd/draw 11-5

return of 39.17 for 1 placed

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    The Fcuk You Macclesfield Accumulator:

80 Points : Man Utd:) , Liverpool:) , Ebdon(Highest Break):) , Gretna:( , Notts County:mad: @6.47/1

20 Points: Man Utd(To be leading after an Hour)@4/7:) , Elgin@11/8:) , Black Jack Ketchum(1.30 Cheltenham)@2/5:) , Liverpool@1/3:) , Tottenham@1/2:) , Ebdon to bt Bingham@4/6:) = 16.42/1

Good Luck To All(Except the Guvnor)

Well Macclesfield fcuked Pighead up once more thanks to a 2-1 win, Gretna also lost 2-1, rather unfortunately, they took the lead but then got a man sent off and proceeded to lose the game.

Thankfully Bet 2 saves the day for the 2nd week in succesion with easy wins for Utd, Pool, Black Jack Ketchum, Spurs and Ebdon, only Elgin caused any twitchy bums with a 1-0 victory.

Barcelona let down Sundays double with their 1-0 victory. Apparently they had 3 goals disallowed which is a bit of a kick in the balls. Real Madrid B won at 6/4, looking back a large single would have been better advised there! Ah well, keeping an eye on Salamancas defensive situation may reap rewards next week.

Points Staked: 115
    Points Returned: 348.40
    Profit: 233.40

county wrote:
    Freiburg/win 13-8:(
    Fc Porto/win 8-11:)
    Cesena/draw 17-10:)
    Sheff Utd/draw 11-5:)

return of 39.17 for 1 placed
    i would like to say it was close but freiburg got stuffed 4 nil at home

wyndham wrote:
    Anyone got the frame scoring for this? Can't find it on the BBC website?
    Says Ebdon was on course for a 147 but missed the last red. :(

(8) Peter Ebdon (Eng) bt Stuart Bingham (Eng) 9-4 Frame scores (Ebdon first):

64-36 90-0 8-85 74-5 104-0 (104 break) 7-73 68-7 74-58 6-77 8-130 (114 break) 78-54 69-59 66-19

Sorry wyndham, looks like Bingham managed a 114 compared to Ebdons 104. As you say Ebdon missed a great chance for a 147, missing the penultimate red. Can't believe he only got 1 century im the match. Sorry if you followed my tip.

Pighead wrote:
    (8) Peter Ebdon (Eng) bt Stuart Bingham (Eng) 9-4 Frame scores (Ebdon first):

64-36 90-0 8-85 74-5 104-0 (104 break) 7-73 68-7 74-58 6-77 8-130 (114 break) 78-54 69-59 66-19

Sorry wyndham, looks like Bingham managed a 114 compared to Ebdons 104. As you say Ebdon missed a great chance for a 147, missing the penultimate red. Can't believe he only got 1 century im the match. Sorry if you followed my tip.

That's ok, looks like it's homemade Christmas presents from me again this year.
    Nah didn't bother with it because it wasn't on the telly. No fun if I can't watch the bet slip away and smash things. Going large* on South Korea Vs Iraq this morning though. Live on Eurosport 2.
    *2euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

wyndham wrote:
    because it wasn't on the telly.

BBC Interactive?

wyndham wrote:
    That's ok, looks like it's homemade Christmas presents from me again this year.
    Nah didn't bother with it because it wasn't on the telly. No fun if I can't watch the bet slip away and smash things. Going large* on South Korea Vs Iraq this morning though. Live on Eurosport 2.
    *2euro
    quite fancy a 2-2 draw in the iran game,14-1

BBC Interactive?

I'm poor. Only have Ntl and the BBC2 has been broken on it for about 3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

anyone know the result of the south korea v iraq game? can't find it anywhere

aubreym wrote:
    anyone know the result of the south korea v iraq game? can't find it anywhere
    Iraq beat S.Korea 1-0. Mujbel with the goal in the 24th minute. www.xscores.com has a pretty comprehensive results service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement