Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me

Options
  • 07-12-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I went out with this bloke for 3 and a half years, but he did the dirt one me. I forgave him I know to thick to be stupid but I loved him so much and I still do. But he still cant get over with his guilt and we broke up again. I dont know what to do, He was always depressed and he even ended up in brendans for a while, but he is going back to the same bein all depressed and crying again but he wont talk to me bout it were not with each other but were still very close I dont know what to do

So please if anybody has any advice could you please pass it on, I would be so grateful.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like he has issues that are to do with a hell of a lot more then him cheating on you.

He needs to want to sort himself out and to want it enough to do it and to do it for himself and his own sake.

Unfortuantly there is not a lot you can do, encourage him to go to the dr and to get in touch with www.aware.ie other then that be strong yourself and give him the time and space to sort himself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

A friend of mine (girl) was in a very similar situation a while ago, she had to make a choice, stick with him and have two upset people or drop him, go through cold turkey (get over him). She was about 23 and just gaining confidence, sort of growing out of him if you now what I mean. She is doing really well now, dating a few blokes, nothing serious, just fun. As far as I know he is doing ok, he was sort of leaning on her a lot and got a bit of a jolt when she told him she was going solo, he had to stand up on his own two feet. Does he work in a prison or in security?

Maybe its time to think of yourself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thaedydal wrote:
    Sounds like he has issues that are to do with a hell of a lot more then him cheating on you.
    Agree. He needs to get help and sort things out before he can have a healthy relationship with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

So he did the dirt and now expects you to help him/live with him through his guilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

What in the name of god would you want someone like this in your life for?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I think he has bigger issues rather than just cheating on you. I think you need to think of yourself and while you may want to be friends with him it might be better for you both not to be until he sorts his head out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed. There are bigger issues with this guy than infidelity. He is going to have to take care of himself before you can seriously consider another relationship with him.

In the meantime, don't feel guilty.

Advertisement