Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone confirm this Xbox360 drive for me plz

Options
  • 07-12-2006 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Cracked open my xbox360 and from what I can tell it is a Hitachi 3120L, would appreciate confirmation please. Also can anyone recommend some of the flashing tools as there seems to be a new one on the market or do they all do the same job

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/search.html?id=jIbowNQx

Cheers Cubix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

yup, thats a hitachi drive, same as mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

So far only 2 drives are available for the 360, one a hitachi and the other a samsung. The one you have is a Hitachi. It's usually easy to identify and you can do it by just looking at the CD Tray! If there is a hole in the middle of the tray then its a hitachi otherwise a samsung!
    Thats as far as I know! If any changes were made of late then I am not sure so feel free to correct me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

hitachi alright but you wanna now concern yourself with what rom version it is as if it is 078fk then it is tricky (dicky) to mod. Otherwise get one of the million tutorials to do it or if you can wait and want an easy peasy way to do it get an xbox 360 usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks lads,Gunn4r yeah check that too but thank fully mine is is rom ver:54 or something.The new usb360 looks pretty handy but it is a shame you still need to take out your drive when you want to flash/backup.Got this from some where else which seems quite interesting

"yes you will have to open your 360 everytime you want to rip a game unless you get a samsung SH-162C an old cheap dvd-rom, which you can flash with Kreon's firmware to enable reading 360 disc's, soon to come from Xecuter is the 360Blaster which adds an eSATA port to the front of your 360 so you do0nt have to open up everytime for flashing / ripping "

So now to get myself DL dvd-writer and some verbatims or has anyone else had better sucess with other brands of disc's?. Also was going to go the svp route for both or is there somewhere else I should look.

Thanks Cubix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Some burners have problems setting the booktype correctly. Go for a Pioneer 111D for full compatability. That crowd in fairview (Marx Computers?) do them for about 50 quid.

I use verbs myself, but ordinary ritek work as well. For games with a lot of streaming from the disk the verbs are noticably better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for that Ciaran, may as well stick with verb's for the moment.
    Cubix

Advertisement