Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User Interface

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Now because of the new patch, none of my addons work. To be honest I wasn't very reliant on them anyway. Some of the healing macros I had that now don't work, I'm going to miss but most of the rest I can do with out. Addons that I'll miss are Auctioneer, some of mods, all in one bag mod, Titan bars and damage meters. I don't like the default character frames either, they suck big time. What addons will you miss and how is the addons blackout effecting you?

Also, post what your User Interface was like before hand if you have any screenies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

wowscrnshot090906105352si2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

im back to the default UI now as all my mods are imcompatiable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just get updated versions.
    They updated the scripting language and decided to now allow "intelligent" mods (ie mods that make a choice for you). Most mods (like titan, unit frames, damage meters) just needed small fixes. Check www.curse-gaming.com , www.wowinterface.com or your favaourite mod supplier for new versions of most of your fav mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

For some reason those sites all seem to have high traffic... ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've actually never bothered with any mods before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I really want my mob health one back. Really helps you plan your attacks out carefully when one mistake equals dead rogue... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

i can't play without mods. Thankfully the only one ive lost is discord action bars and unit frames. Author will be releasing a new and much improved version of all his mods in the future tho so i can stick with trinity bars till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

my ui was very similar.

My wishlist:

cms (complete)
    DoTimer (new version looks fuxed)
    discord
    servitude
    fubar-snafu

what mod is it that gives you the enemies health and mana in numerics aswell as just color bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Mobinfo2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

I use Cosmos and it's a bit so-so after the patch... but in all fairness that was a lot of changes and a bit of scripting to make sure all the addons work after the patch!

http://www.cosmosui.org/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Cosmos has been dirt, for a very, very long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

lazygit wrote:
    wowscrnshot090906105352si2.jpg

Just need to say, this collection of addons you have here and configured are excellent to bad they arent working anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

such a dodgy looking ui lazygit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm going to go easy on the mods this time around. I get almost double the resolution that I got before at a higher screen resolution with out all the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was using discord, but I got bongos working now instead. It's annoying to have to configure it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DEAD THREAD REVIVAL?!?!?

Just thought id drop a line on a savage UI i installed.

I love customising my ui, and a friend pointed me towards

LUI version 3.

It accumulates all the most essential mods in the game for raiding like grid,omen,recount and more and with a simple 2 minute install gives you a pretty flash UI.

Have to say loving it at the moment, and its the perfect layout for managing targets,multiple targets, managing cooldowns and dots etc.

Cant link cause im n work but google lui and check their website and you can see, its fully customisable and very easy to do.

So chuffed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Heres an image for ya, it does look nice.

pvw38828.png

I have been meaning to get a new UI, and this looks like exactly what i want, its just download, drop into interface folder and jobs a good one yeah ?

EDIT: Sorry about size, i dont know how to adjust ;(

I cant see images in work.

But yes, just make a copy of your addons folder, and drop in additional ones you want.

Its easy, best of all, never upgrade the individual addons, they release new packages every so often to update the addons that are essential, and its all a 2 min install.

you just unzip the interface folder from lui into your wow folder, log in, and theres a nice big install button, and it automatically syncs to your chars video settings.

Make sur eto save things like quickauction configs though, as they all disapear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Managing targets you say? Is that like it brings up a plate for every enemy showing their debuffs? :o something like that would be awesome :P

magicianz wrote: »
    Managing targets you say? Is that like it brings up a plate for every enemy showing their debuffs? :o something like that would be awesome :P

It brings up a custom plate over all enemy targets, but its small and manageable, unreal how easy to click on them, usually i tab about but even thats handy enough to do.

Sure copy your addon folder to your desktop and rename it, install this and give it a shot, after 30 mins you can tell if you like it or not, minimal setup.

• Advertisement

In school atm so that could be a bit tricky :P how big a drain is it on the computer? Does it lower your fps much?

Do those name plates above the targets move around a lot? Thats my problem with the blizzard ones, every time i go to click one it jumps away :(

Plates are static over the target as they move, so its easy.

My fps has since gone up believe it or not.

It automatically trims data storage from things liek recount, that usually you have to do manually.

But yeah, its pretty sweet, my fps actually went up.

Recount is the highest whore as usual when it running number catching.

Its all optimised though, and it runs in this package smoother then say when i ran msot of the **** individually

Im talking like trash packs at the start of icc, if theres 5 mobs and one runs from the left to the right, does its name plate jump around to the otherside and knock the order off of the others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The website is http://www.wow-lui.com/

Gonna check it out. I'm terrible with making UIs so this might be handy.

Im talking like trash packs at the start of icc, if theres 5 mobs and one runs from the left to the right, does its name plate jump around to the otherside and knock the order off of the others?

cant say ive seen that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Pretty cool UI TheDoc - makes me think of Starcraft II :P
    Thats my problem with the blizzard ones, every time i go to click one it jumps away
    I think you can avoid that (but make things more difficult, in another way) by enabling Overlapping Name Plates in the Interface options - only problem there would be name plates ending up hidden behind others so you have to spin your camera around every which way to try and separate them out :D

Currently, I'm working with Roth UI, which is pretty nice apart from being more difficult than most UI's to tweak :P
    deathknightui.th.png
    Only thing that the addon list is blocking would be my target tooltip (and inventory frame, had it been open :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmm... i can't find my presence bar at all.

EDIT: found it. seems it selected as always hide.

Yeah stance bars you need to go into

/bt

then stance bar and uncheck "always hide"

The lui forums is a gr8 resource defo give it a nosey

The only bug at the moment which is furstrating is

Chat
    Make any enw chat windows and they reset after logging out, you can create the channel again hwoever and it remembers the presets.

Font scale resets to small

Action bar scale

After logging out the action bar on occasions resets to default scale, ala tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theres an option to change that in interface options. Cant remember what its called but it used to drive me mad on Anubs Adds till i found the off button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Dustaz wrote: »
    Theres an option to change that in interface options. Cant remember what its called but it used to drive me mad on Anubs Adds till i found the off button
    This option?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=114524&stc=1&d=1274365728

Advertisement