Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your idea of Perfect Husband/Wife?

Options
  • 07-12-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

I was just chatting with my friend, who is married, about what we reckoned would be the perfect husband/wife.
    He reckoned that the perfect wife is not someone who is willing to be chained to the kitchen sink, but one who is willing to be chained to the bed posts, and maybe even do some chaining herself.
    He said his ideal wife wouldn't even have to know how to cook, as long as she was a demon in the bedroom.
    However, is wife actually is quite homely, in reality, and even though he loves her dearly, he wishes she was just a bit more exciting.
    For what its worth, with regard to a wife, I am inclined to agree with him. (Mainly because I can't cook, and can't stand house work:p )

With regard to a perfect husband. I can't stand laziness in a man, and would want my husband to either have a somewhat physically demanding job, or at least be involved in some physically demanding sports.
    Basically I want a pretty physical bloke. Money, well, its important, but I definitely would not want a job obsessed guy.
    I would like an ambitious husband, but one who knows when to drop the shop talk.
    I want a gentleman to dine with, and a horny devil in the bedroom.
    A guy who is not afraid to try new things and tell you what he wants in bed.

Anyhow, I could go on, and on, but I'd rather know what you lot think.

What is your idea of Perfect Husband/Wife?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Well I dont have any idea
    But i am experiencing it

She is Caring,loving and understanding

and i feel every day the best day of my life since last 5 months

its better and better everyday

But i think the main thing is that you both should think in the same direction

the goals in ur life should be similar if there is a conflict of interest

Then its not good !!!

such as one person looking for long term relation and the other partner looking for just 6 months or a part time affair !!! its not good they dont share the same vision

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    What is your idea of Perfect Wife?

One who is warm, sexy, flirty, intelligent, great craic, doesn't my discussions of various bodily functions, who laughs at my childish humour, who appreciates the finer things in life (me not being one of them), who is 110% supportive of every hair-brained idea I come up with, who 'gets' me.

In summary, the one I already have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Whore in the bedroom, chef in the kitchen and angel on the street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So somebody is lazy if they don't drive a JCB or dig roads for a living? :confused:

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

With regard to a perfect husband. I can't stand laziness in a man, and would want my husband to either have a somewhat physically demanding job, or at least be involved in some physically demanding sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Basically I want a pretty physical bloke. Money, well, its important, but I definitely would not want a job obsessed guy.
    I would like an ambitious husband, but one who knows when to drop the shop talk.
    I want a gentleman to dine with, and a horny devil in the bedroom.
    A guy who is not afraid to try new things and tell you what he wants in bed.

Anyhow, I could go on, and on, but I'd rather know what you lot think.

Too many contradictions there and if you did find the right guy, he'd never have time for you as he'd be working to earn you money and then in the gym/playing sport seeing as how you don't like laziness. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

stovelid wrote:
    So somebody is lazy if they don't drive a JCB or dig roads for a living? :confused:
    Why are you confused, I went on to say :
    I can't stand laziness in a man, and would want my husband to either have a somewhat physically demanding job, or at least be involved in some physically demanding sports.
    I would like for my husband to be physically active, be it in work, or in leisure.
    What is confusing about that?

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Too many contradictions there and if you did find the right guy, he'd never have time for you as he'd be working to earn you money and then in the gym/playing sport seeing as how you don't like laziness. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I said the money was important, but not that important, and although I'd like him to be ambitious, I wouldn't want for him to be work obsessed, IMO = no contradictions.

EDIT:
    P.S: I have already found him and he has plenty of time for me and he exceeds any expectations I might have of an 'ideal' husband.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bit difficult to narrow it down but someone who has the same sense of humour as me, can suprise me from time to time be it in somethng they say or do, adventurous enough to try new things (in the bedroom or otherwise :p), just a nice, caring, funny guy.

Who thinks I am the nicest, funniest, most caring girl in the world :D

Edited to add: would also have to want the same things as me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Has to be hardworking in his job, exciting and up for doing differnt things and want to travel. Major thing for me is they have to have the same views as me on the husband going out to work and earning the money to look after the wife who stays at home with the kids. Not a popular view nowadays but we just wouldnt be compatible if they didnt agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Kenny 5 wrote:

hmmm.. can't say I see the contradictions there ted. She's saying you can be working in insurance, but would like you to play football or something.

And as far as lazyness, I guess she mightn't want someone who looks at a broken door for 3 months before doing something about it.

My ideal woman would be funny, smart, independant etc. Being able to cook & clean is so not an issue and I'd think it sexist to expect that of a wife. I'd want her to be succesful in her own right, in what ever she did.

A beasht in the sack would be nice too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just confused cos you equated laziness with not playing sports or having a physical job. Lots of people do neither and are not lazy.

Although I play sports, I work at a desk and my father is a gas fitter. My work doesn't make me lazier than him (although he will say different :D )
    Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Why are you confused, I went on to say :
    I would like for my husband to be physically active, be it in work, or in leisure.
    What is confusing about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The only thing that I want in a woman is that she wants to have / raise kids with me, be they our own or adopted. I dont think I could be in marriage where there was no possibility of raising a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Frequent

He would need to be extremely intelligent, diligent and truthful, a feminist and an activist, deeply compassionate and with a clever sense of humour.

Did I mention I found him already?

MikeHoncho wrote:
    The only thing that I want in a woman is that she wants to have / raise kids with me, be they our own or adopted. I dont think I could be in marriage where there was no possibility of raising a family.

You bring up a good point. My original points only really addressed the more shallow aspects of a 'stepford husband', as my original intention was to keep the thread fairly light hearted.
    You are right though, kids a very important to me, and I would definitely want a husband who wanted to start a family with me. Be it our own, or adopted.
    My ideal husband is patient, understanding, kind and caring.
    He would never put pressure on me to do anything I didn't want to do, but at the same time, would never be afraid to voice his wishes and allow me to make my own mind up.
    My future hubbie will be open to new things, and willing to travel., even if its only on 2 or 3 weeks breaks.
    He will always be open to communication, and in hard times (although I hope there aren't any), he wont just throw in the towel without a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

One that doesn't say "Good Heavens! You're on Boards AGAIN?????"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

*Obligatory*

A pulse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

connundrum wrote:
    hmmm.. can't say I see the contradictions there ted.

Natch...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

OMG! No one has said Yore Ma yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Independence would probably be the most important thing to me. She'd also have to be genuine, intelligent, funny, open minded and free spirited. I'm not married and not sure if I ever want to be but that would be my ideal partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

miamee wrote:
    Bit difficult to narrow it down but someone who has the same sense of humour as me, can suprise me from time to time be it in somethng they say or do, adventurous enough to try new things (in the bedroom or otherwise :p), just a nice, caring, funny guy.

Who thinks I am the nicest, funniest, most caring girl in the world :D

Edited to add: would also have to want the same things as me

So the marriage wouldnt last too long then since he's be looking fo a nice husband too :D

There is no such thing as an ideal husband/wife, we can all only try our best.

Other than that someone who understands my sense of humour. Intelligent. Easy to get on with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

Someone who has the same unusual sense of humour as me. Someone who can traverse between reality and fantasy with ease and finds that line rather blurry like I sometimes do. :) Someone who respects all other people for what they are without ever passing judgement. Someone I can talk to with ease about pretty much anything. And of course, huge knockers and an ass you could circumnavigate with an 18th century sailboat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

c - 13 wrote:
    So the marriage wouldnt last too long then since he's be looking fo a nice husband too :D

There is no such thing as an ideal husband/wife, we can all only try our best.

Other than that someone who understands my sense of humour. Intelligent. Easy to get on with.

:D Smartass! I didn't think everyone needed to know my deepest wants & desires here on boards...just that my ideal husband will have the same ones (apart from wanting a husband of his own...that'd be a bit of a drawback...maybe :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

jennifer ellison is my perfect wife.. some day lads some day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

somebody elses lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My fiancee or my dad - intelligent, kind, thoughtful, sensitive, funny men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

the one I have , thank you very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

She should be able to cut, foot and pile the turf, cock or bale the hay, fade the chickuns, shpin the wooden wheel, iron, cook and clane the young ones.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

huge tits

*ahem* thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wife...

Tanned, Medium sized tits, around 5ft 6/7, nice legs, thin.....

:rolleyes:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu tbh.

*sprinkles the mozzerella around the place*

Advertisement