Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100-130kmph winds, flooding thunderstorms weather forcast for today

Options
  • 07-12-2006 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

These storms are losing their novelty effect.
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

any one got an idea when we get a break from this awful weather. A severe frost would be a welcome relief right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, more rain! :( There are still floods precariously sitting at the end of my street from last weekends wind/rain event, more rain wont help at all!

WHERE is the cold frosty weather?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

Looks fairly quiet at the moment. I presume also they're talking later in the day for the high winds? Most of the lightening at the moment is centered around the UK. http://www.meteorologica.info/freedata_lightning.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Frequently gusting above 40mph here now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very wet and windy here, thermometer outside reporting 4.7C.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Its been very very windy down here in Kerry for most of the day, followed by rain and some hail ...

We have had a couple of small power cuts .... if only i had a weather station set up i could see what the wind is gusting at ..but my guess would be around 50-60mph.... full face from the atlantic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

May as well post this before my power goes out, which is inevitable, seeing as how the power always goes in Carlow. Anyway, TV3 News reports that there is severe flooding around the Mayo/Galway border and also in Carlow town. Haven't seen anything yet though. Several streets in Limerick City were shut over fears that the winds would knock a crane to the ground.

The OP is right. They're losing their novelty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im so fed up of this weather myself.. wouldnt mind settling for some calm, sub zero days with short sunny periods and some very prolonged snow showers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote:
    im so fed up of this weather myself.. wouldnt mind settling for some calm, sub zero days with short sunny periods and some very prolonged snow showers:)

Now there's an original wish:eek: :D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If we all suck in together maybe we can move the jetstream south and then blow it over Spain.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Very rough down here in Kerry.. was back in Dingle and Inch beach, and boy was the wind strong. The waves were breaking much further out at sea than normal for Inch. And they were massive waves too, i can't believe wasn't even some few krazy surfers out there... i thought that was what they live for (too cold i guess:) )
    Here is two pics i got, they are not great quality as they are phone pics and it was hard to get a steady shot with the wind that was there

photo0003kt8.jpgphoto0009zq2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Took these shortly before 7pm in Carlow, so apologies for the poor lighting.

#4 shows the usual flooding at the junction near the River Barrow at the junction at the Rowing Club. Unlike last weekend, this section of the road was surrounded by 'road flooded' signs.

#5 shows cars manouvering as the drivers change their minds after entering the water.

#6 shows the Barrow coming dangerously close to bursting its banks - it's about an inch away from the footpath.

Met Éireann says that more rain has fallen in the past seven days than fell throughout the entire duration of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The roof of a five storey building caved in on Roches street last sunday. The clothes shop at the ground floor is ruined and may never open again after the roof clapsed through every floor of the building.

Today one of the busiest junctions in the city, if not the busiest, was closed because of fears of debris from a nearby building site.

Advertisement