Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA, Season 3, Episode 13: Irresponsible [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 06-12-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well it was a much better episode than what i expected (i read about future SGA and SG1 episodes , but never the last episodes in a season or the 1st in a new season, also i dont read spoilers for any other show especially BSG i guess after 10 years it does not bother me to know what the fillers are about, actually on that note you should read what episode 14 is about http://www.sg1archive.com/atlantis/s3.shtml (im 98% certain it only gives away the first 5 mins of the episode and it sounds like a goodie)

Anyway this episode was quite enjoyable i dont understand one thing tho...
    when rodney had the shield he could not take it off or even eat as far as i remember. Now is it that lucieus was able to both eat, get foot rubs and aswell as that take it off?

EDIT: wow i didnt know u could edit topics for that long after you post it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

wrong titles and spoilers make baby jesus cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

wrong titles and spoilers make baby jesus cry.

Very sorry its been corrected i just copyed/pasted the old name and didn't change it before i posted. I am sorry but look on the bright side it was not a key story episode it was a filler. Sorry again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

not a bother, just watched the ep there, and everything you covered was in the first 7 minutes anyway.

Not a bad ep. If there is going to be a filler its nice to have a bit of action and a bit of comedy. That said, hopefully Lucious doesnt become a recurring character.

i'd say 7/10: rewatable episode

it was better than the last episode with Lucious anyway.
    Also i just realised i forgot to add a poll again :(
    this is what happens when im russin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

User45701 wrote:
    this is what happens when im russin.....
    Then i suppose i can forgive you for getting everything wrong. :D

*Episode 13: Irresponsible
    *rushing

• Advertisement

no no i am russin well not relay im irish but sometimes people think im Russian because when i say the word vessel i say Wessel but thats more for the star trek forum.

Dammit episode 14! im getting everything wrong these days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

It didn't start off great but I didn't predict the Genii arriving and it really got interesting from that point, good episode with a bit of comedy and a bit of action.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Dire...

another episode I skipped through. You people need to leave the stargate forums and start picking up some decent television. I cant believe they are still making this tripe :(

I could tell it was luccious from when the camera was panning overhead and all the people were laughing. I could tell it was a shield from the moment he said he said he was invincible. I could tell it was him getting the guys to attack from the moment he said "you are only as good as your last heroic act" or whatever, I could tell the genii were going to attack again in force from the moment we found out they were ex-genii.

Absolutely shít. A burnt, out screen writer for star trek could have written that script, in fact one probably did... and alot of the dialogue was painful. Bleh, I think I'm down with atlantis. I might pick up the season finale and the opener for season 4 but I'm not watching all the crap in between.

Even SG-1 was never this bad, in its worst moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have to say, what a terrible episode to kill off Kolya in. The Storm was one of the high points of Season 1, and he could've been an excellent recurring character, but he was misused I think.

One thing that I think atlantis misses greatly is a big recurring villain. SG-1 had Apophis, Anubis and to a lesser extent Baal, but SG-A has nothing really. No big, charismatic baddie. Michael would've been great, but they killed him off pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

My thoughts exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

An less than average episode, IMO - a four out of ten at the most.

A very predictible storyline and the twist with Sheppard having the shield was easy to predict.

I think that the killing off of Kolya is a bad decision. SGA needs a recurring bad guy (no, not the Wraith or the replicators who are really faceless) but someone with a bit of character.

There was numerous examples of "too many cooks spoil the broth" as well. Take for example the scene where they are in the cell, at least everyone speaks when 2 characters would have sufficed IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Michael would've been great, but they killed him off pretty quick.
    I don't think Michael would have been very good in that role and agree with Kojak that Kolya was the man for that job. Killing him was a bad choice...though the 'draw' was good.

The rest of the episode was poor. Really medicore. BUt I guess that's the price you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Personally I thought it was good that they got rid of two characters whose time was up. Lucius was a good diversion for one episode, but no more. Kolya has never amounted to anything more than a token baddie beyond season 1 and the last few encounters with him have shown that. That said I agree that a recurring credible character is good. Colm Meany did that well for a while but with a bit more depth. A fairly mundane episode otherwise.

Ye but i think shepherd should have just shot him before he even drew his weapon

Advertisement