Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music.

Options
  • 06-12-2006 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Music.

Just wondering what individuals think about music, and what it means to them. Is music just something that allows you to throw yourself around a dancefloor on the weekends after a few pints and maybe get a chance to pull by showing showing off your moves, or does you use music to reflect on life and maybe think of things that are close to your heart and make you feel good inside? Perhaps you don't even like music, of any kind, but personally speaking, I don't know anybody who doesn't have a favourite song, or music style.

Then there's the whole thing of how music can strenghten the bond or connection between two people. Many couples have a 'our song', a song they chose together, and when they here it, it causes them to think about their partner (of course, the content of what they are thinking totally depends on how the relationship is going!). Nevertheless, the music in their lives has an effect on the bond between them.

Do you listen to music on your own?. Why? How does it help you relax? Or maybe you use it do do the exact opposite, and play certain tunes when you want to get revved up for something - many boxers have headphones on when they approach the ring, for that final mental strengthening before the bell sounds.

I know that music plays an important role in many peoples' lives.

What does music mean to you?

Thanks,

D>

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I like music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

This is a crazy, off the wall idea, but have u tried the Music forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I do not care for music. It insists upon itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Posted by monkeyfudge:
    I do not care for music. It insists upon itself.

I'm sorry, but I simply can no longer love you, Sir!
    I know it hurts, but you'll recover eventually.
    I simply cannot love anyone with no music in their heart.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wrote a musical once if that helps... it was about witches.. oh and I tried to enter a song for Eurovision once too.

All the songs were terrible though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't figure out why you would post this here, there's a whole subsection of boards devoted to Music (see that menu at the top of the page, you're looking for the one that says "Music").

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I was going to move this but since the music forum(s) are so easy to find I'm just going to lock this.

Post in the correct forum in future or you will earn a ban. Threads like this just clutter up the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement