Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (American CT thing)

Options
  • 05-12-2006 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Her-o,

Just came across this as a result of reading an article on the BBC. Anyway, there's a part of their site where you can view a record of criminal "incidents" from all over the world.

However, while looking at Ireland I came across this:

"1 residence damaged in armed attack in Moyross, Limerick, Ireland, United Kingdom"

Now I'm no hardcore nationalist so I don't take much offence from it, but still, doesn't do the Americans any favours...

http://wits.nctc.gov/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Why do you say that? First post and I get called a troll?

In my time browsing here I've seen it far too many times, and most of the time it is not appropriate. People seem to think by posting it makes them seem superior, that they've outed someone...

I mean seriously, why call me a troll? I fail to see any grounds for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Well your first post is complaining about the people some how joining us with UK (british isles being the perfect example of this). With more than enough threads already started on this and plenty of people banned over it.

EDIT: Also http://wits.nctc.gov/RunSearchCountry.do?countryId=182

Its the only one like it and its obviously just a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

To be fair, it was only once out of thirteen. Most likely an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems to be up to the person entering the info to add that in the subject line (I pity the fool :D ). Other Irish incidents do not have UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

I didn't complain whatsoever. I was merely pointing out an interesting site with an interesting mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

There is a web site here in Wisconsin where i can type in any name of anyone I know and see if they have a court record.

Anything from fines for failure to wear a safety belt while driving, not paying utility bills on time, divorce, to worser crimes.

Felonies are omitted since they are federal court mandated.
    And all state employees records are expunged.

Makes for fun party conversations.
    Also helpful when renting a new home. We can look up the landlord and see if he has been fined for property neglect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lust4Life wrote:
    There is a web site here in Wisconsin where i can type in any name of anyone I know and see if they have a court record.
    Are the Lusty Ladies in there for stalking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Why do you say that? First post and I get called a troll?

In my time browsing here I've seen it far too many times, and most of the time it is not appropriate. People seem to think by posting it makes them seem superior, that they've outed someone...

I mean seriously, why call me a troll? I fail to see any grounds for it.

When i first saw his post it confused me aswell...
    i was thinking maybe he meant that the person who posted the limerick/UK thing was a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Meh, a simple typo. Nowt to see here folks :)

L4L - that sounds mad, I mean, it's like a proper invasion of privacy. I'd hate to think that I'd be refused a room by a landlord because I had a drunk & disorderly charge from my college days. :(

Madness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement