Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did he kiss me?

Options
  • 05-12-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, ok I'm a likttle confused by my ex boyfriend and I hope you can offer me some words of wisdom!..I;ll try and keep it short!..I broke up with my boyfriend a year ago, we;re both in out 30's, since then, we still go out all the time, movies, pubs, etc and we text every day, we also work together which is quite hard, and sinc ewe;ve broken up we haven't been with other people. Iknow it all sounds mad, anyway, a couple of weeks ago we were out adn he kissed me, I put ot down to him just being a bit pissed, anyway, the next day I reminded him of this and he said Yeah I know, sorry, I said, ah don't worry about it, and then he said it was really nice and kissed me again, which went on for about 20mins!..We had spoken about getting back together before but he said he was afriad incase we broke up again!..Anyway, now he's being all kinda freaked out and I don't know what to do? Any advice would be apprecited!...I still love him and if there's a chance I would be willing to work at it...do you think the kiss meant anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Sounds like a definate 'yes' to me. Go for it. He probably really is worried, but you say you still love him. So go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

if you still love him and he is obviously still well into you, i dont see what yiz are waiting for!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Sounds to me like : drink + a hard-on.
    I wouldn't read too much into it.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

unreggie wrote:
    'Sounds to me like : drink + a hard-on.
    I wouldn't read too much into it.'
    Totally agree with that.

Thanks for your replies guys!..Although I'm still confused, if it was just being drunk and a Hard on well then, he's just messing me around and I should probably tell me to leave me alone, although he tests me every single day and we go out together all the time, I've told him before that he's just messing me around and yet we allways seem to end up being friends again!..I just dont know what to do anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I broke up with my boyfriend a year ago, we;re both in out 30's, since then, we still go out all the time, movies, pubs, etc and we text every day, we also work together which is quite hard, and sinc ewe;ve broken up we haven't been with other people

Sounds like you never broke up.

Get back together or tell your x to cut the crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I'd agree with Static M.e, it seems to me like ye barely broke up at all. Though spending so much time with someone you're supposed to have broken up with is not a good thing, you haven't allowed each other any space to sort out your feelings.

But why did ye break up in the first place? Ye sound very cosy for two people that broke up a year ago, I wouldn't be too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Talk it over, and if you still feel strongly for each other, then go for it. You only live once.

PS the sober kiss next day must have meant something. Tell him how you feel, if he doesn't want to get back with you then fair enough, but if that's the case you need to move on, start seeing other people again. No use being stuck in the past. It's one way or the other now as I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

keep it simple

in black or white !!!

dont live in a "may be" situation !!!

its like hanging in the air

what if he find a nice girl tomorrow and would like to hang out with her ?
    or what if you find some one nice would u leave him coz u have half relation with ur ex ?

i would say discuss it seriously either start it again or finish it forever
    being in the middle of anything is not a good situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sounds like you never broke up.

Get back together or tell your x to cut the crap

Spot on here imo. Enough of the messing about, talk to him and see what he wants and work it out between ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Messed Up wrote:
    I know it all sounds mad, anyway, a couple of weeks ago we were out adn he kissed me
    Sometimes people need some comfort and warmth. He sees you as a source of comfort and warmth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

It's time to tell him either you make it work or you move on without each other. (of course working together will be tough to get around).

How are either of you supposed to meet anybody new if you're still inseperable?

Maybe he doesn't want you but can't bear the thought of someone else having you?

Just some points to ponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Riddle me this: Is the reason you broke up still relevant?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You two are acting like a couple with all that you are doing together? Well?

Thanks guys!..And your right, it does sound like we never really broke up!..The reason we broke up was, all our friends were getting married and everyone kept saying Oh ur next and I think he got a bit freaked by it!..We had a few little rows, nothing major, I would take things out on him that weren't his fault, but I have learned to deal with that now!...We never did take any time apart from each other, we tried, but we allways seemed to end upbeing friends again!..We spoke about getting back togehter before and he said he was afraid we'd break up again, but that he still loves me, but he was confused!..But now I think a year is long enough to make up his mind!...I do love him very much and he is also my best firend and I do anything to sort it out. I guess I am just going to have to talk to himand if he says no, well then it's time to walk away once and for all!!!..

Advertisement