Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stocking Fillers

Options
  • 05-12-2006 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

So what albums are people hoping to get as presents this Christmas??

It can be a a slack time for new releases really. Personally, I'd like to check out the Rifles and (finally) pick up Sunshine Underground's Raise the Alarm album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've dropped hints that I wouldn't mind the new Tom Waits 3CD set.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Ive been dropping hints left right and centre myself! There's always so many CDs you want and then you keep thinking of other ones every few days. Tough to prioritise!

I'll be avoiding the Best ofs though. They're everywhere this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Yes, xmas, the time for cashing in with pointless best-ofs and compilations.:rolleyes:

There are 7 Best ofs in the top ten of the UK album chart at the moment. Nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

There are 7 Best ofs in the top ten of the UK album chart at the moment. Nuts!

1/4 of total annual sales are best ofs
    proff that most people arent that interested in music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Patrick Park- Lonliness Knows My Name...if iTunes will ever get it

Haven't heard of him/them. What kind of stuff is it?

Air have done a mix for the Late Night Tales series, I reckon that'd be a good one too. Pitchfork seem to like it anyway.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/39892/Air_LateNightTales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Haven't heard of him/them. What kind of stuff is it?

Here is his myspace. Can stream and download a few songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

If you're looking for a musical present for somebody, and they have any interest in 1960s music, or folk-rock, blues and jazz in general I strongly recommend Joe Boyd's book "White Bicycles".. he's an American record producer now in his 60s who was involved with a huge number of significant musical figures during his career. He ran the Witcheason label and produced Nick Drake (as well as being his manager), Fairport Convention, Pink Floyd's first single, the Incredible String Band and a load of others.. The book basically tells the story of his career.. It's really entertaining and well written, I read it in 2 days. Might be a nice stocking filler for somebody with musical inclinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

+1 recommendation for White Bicycles, really nice book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Stay with the old, forget the new. Make your present a Wedding Present.

Advertisement