Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Champions League Thread

Options
  • 05-12-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Barcelona V Werder Bremen @4/7: Barcelona simply must win tonight otherwise they face the embarassment of becoming the first ever holders of the trophy to be knocked out in the league stages. Home advantage will help their cause and they have shown over the last couple of years that they are a better side than Werder (P3 W2 D1 L0). Last year they won this game 3-1 and Pighead can see a similar scoreline tonight.

Chelsea(To win both halves) V Levski Sofia @5/6: Very nice price here considering Chelsea are 1/16 to win outright. Can't see Levski Sofia scoring tonight so in effect all Chelsea have to do is score 1 in each half to make the bet a winning one. They'll be going all out for the win as they want to top the group. Levski have been terrible so far and have shipped a massive 15 goals in 5 games(scoring just once)

Charlton V Blackburn(+1) @4/9: Les Reed just doesn't look like a premiership manager. To me he looks like the next Dr Josef Venglos or Jacques Santini, just doesn't seem right. It wouldn't surprise me if he got the boot before the end of the season. Blackburn have beaten Charlton the last 4 times they've played each other and won at the Valley 2-0 last season. McCarthy and Nonda are finally starting to click as a partnership and both scored in Saturdays impressive 2-0 win against Fulham. Apart from Andy Reid Charlton are looking and playing like a relegated team. Blackburn can get at least a draw here.

Bambury V Yate @Evens (Rymans League)Seen this tipped on another forum and looking at both teams it looks a decent bet. Bambury have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 and lie in place, Yate have lost 2 and drawn 2 and lie in 14th. Yate are missing Darren Edwards who apparently is one of their best players. Anyway the lad that tipped this knows his Non-League and Pigheads gonna trust him.

Macclesfield V Rochdale@17/10: 3rd time Pigheads taking on the Guvnor and this time victory shall be mine!

30 Points: Barcelona, Chelsea to win both halves, Blackburn(+1), Bambury=7.3/1

20 Points: Barcelona, Chelsea to win both halves, Blackburn(+1), Rochdale(17/10)= 10.24/1

Good Luck To All.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

think i will stay away from the CL this week,still recovering from a bad last week.

just a note of concern pighead,Macclesfield won their last game(:eek: )so there tails will be up,hopefully i`m wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

[QUOTE=Pighead
    Macclesfield V Rochdale@17/10: 3rd time Pigheads taking on the Guvnor and this time victory shall be mine!
    [/QUOTE]
    I've been watching this battle v the Guv for a while now, the guv has you against the ropes - but I reckoned you'd get revenge when you tip Chelsea to see them off in the 3rd game!! (1/50 may not be a big price though....)

BTW Chelsea at 5/6 for both halves looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Glenbhoy wrote:
    I've been watching this battle v the Guv for a while now, the guv has you against the ropes - but I reckoned you'd get revenge when you tip Chelsea to see them off in the 3rd game!! (1/50 may not be a big price though....)

BTW Chelsea at 5/6 for both halves looks good to me.
    Ha Ha. Yeah the Guvs got me wobbling all right, main thing is though I haven't fallen yet. Tonight may be the night to catch him with a surprise uppercut and sent him to the canvas. Otherwise as you say I'll have to wait for the Chelsea game!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Hi Pighead - what bookie is quoting the 5/6 for Chelsea to win both halves?

Hey ya DMG, Paddy Powers are offering 5/6. You may get better somewhere else but Paddys is beside me so that'll do me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Thanks for that Pighead - I found the bet on their website. They are only quoting 1.36 for the Chelsea / Chelsea HT/FT which confused me.
    This looks to be the same bet but at a much better price!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

4/11 Chelsea/Chelsea HT/FT on PP.
    1.4 on Betfair.
    I'm sure it was a PP mistake as if they are 1/16 to win 90 mins, I'd doubt if they would be 5/6 for HT/FT? :confused:

okidoki987 wrote:
    4/11 Chelsea/Chelsea HT/FT on PP.
    1.4 on Betfair.
    I'm sure it was a PP mistake as if they are 1/16 to win 90 mins, I'd doubt if they would be 5/6 for HT/FT? :confused:

The bet i'm doing isn't HT-FT. I'm backing Chelsea to win both halves. The difference being with the HT-FT bet, Chelsea could win just the 1st half and your bet would be successful. Winning both halves is obviously more difficult, hence the better price.

Pighead is correct 5/6 is available, and has been backed by me.
    On another note, surely the Arsenal v Porto draw at 8/11 has to be too short - neither side is Italian? Surely, the good auld brits would never stoop to such depths as to contrive a draw???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Pighead is correct 5/6 is available, and has been backed by me.
    On another note, surely the Arsenal v Porto draw at 8/11 has to be too short - neither side is Italian? Surely, the good auld brits would never stoop to such depths as to contrive a draw???

With Chelsea to play on sunday its definitly possible.

• Advertisement

With Chelsea to play on sunday its definitly possible.
    Yeah, but it takes two to tango, and Porto are no mugs either.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Yeah, but it takes two to tango, and Porto are no mugs either.

Every bookie has the draw as big odds on, that should be sign enough. Its fixed for a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Winning both halves is obviously more difficult, hence the better price.

Very true.
    Sorry didn't read it properly.
    5/6 looks value all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Due to Greenock Morton drawing with lowly forfar :( my funds are at an all time low, so im gonna have a mugg-type bet tonight:

All home teams to win in the CL tonight......49/1

2 Euro Stake

i really am Clutching at straws:confused:

wish me luck anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As much as Barcelona have to win tonight I'm going to go against them. I think if Bremen can get enough set pieces around the box then they will score which means Barca will need 2 to qualify. Don't see any value in the Barca win at 1.46.

Going with W Bremen + 1 @ 2.14

2-2 scoreline @ 27

Will also be going with:

Charlton Vs Blackburn (DNB) @ 1.9

i'll lay barca i think. Werder are a great team. Unluck to lose away at chelsea by all accounts .Took a late goal from barca to draw.

Roma seem to be the banker of the night.

Oh and pighead, i am going for Macisfield to get there first win tonight.

Oh and pighead, i am going for Macisfield to get there first win tonight.
    So you're on Macclesfield and I'm on Rochdale? That'll be a draw so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

What about a double on Spurs and Blackburn???
    10 euros returns 43.33
    Spurs are strong to score at home and with Charltons run at the moment B'burn are a good bet..

As for Champ League, might throw 5 on Barca and Galatasaray..

Pighead wrote:
    So you're on Macclesfield and I'm on Rochdale? That'll be a draw so!

draw no bet @ 1.89, dont trust them enough to risk the straight win.

Chelsea/Roma Double and a lay of barca for me. i'll have a slice of blackburn aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Roma seem to be the banker of the night.

Only after noticing how many players Valenica are missing. Have to agree with you on banker of the night then.

• Advertisement

Yea, price isnt great, but they should win. Valencia have a huge amount of injuries.

Anyone know what score banbury v yate is? or were i can get the latest on this one?

0-0 at Half Time Tubbertown.
    Go here....
    http://home.skysports.com/scores/

then click on Football Livescores
    then click on Page 2 on the right hand side league options
    then click Southern Premier League
    Then Click Banbury V Yate

Hopefully we'll get a goal or two in the 2nd half for the home side.

Oh and Macclesfield are down to 10 men at half time. Its now or ever for Pighead in his war against the Guvnor. C'MON ROCHDALE!

Pighead wrote:
    Go here....

Oh and Macclesfield are down to 10 men at half time. Its now or ever for Pighead in his war against the Guvnor. C'MON ROCHDALE!

Cheers man:)

Pighead wrote:
    Go here....

its 1-1 at half time between banbury and yate,:eek: i dont think that score centre is up to date with all the lowly leagues Pighead!!!!

its 1-1 at half time between banbury and yate,:eek: i dont think that score centre is up to date with all the lowly leagues Pighead!!!!
    Definitely not Tubbertown, just seen it flash up 1-1 HT on BBC videprinter alright. Hmmm guess we're gonna have to wait til the games over.

Hate that. Damn Sky for not including this with the live Champions League games!

Pighead wrote:
    Definitely not Tubbertown, just seen it flash up 1-1 HT on BBC videprinter alright. Hmmm guess we're gonna have to wait til the games over.

Hate that. Damn Sky for not including this with the live Champions League games!

looks that way alrite, The Guv'nor is breaking your heart pighead!!!!!

Not mine though :D

looks that way alrite, The Guv'nor is breaking your heart pighead!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    30 Points: Barcelona:) , Chelsea to win both halves:) , Blackburn(+1):( , Bambury:( =7.3/1

20 Points: Barcelona:) , Chelsea to win both halves:) , Blackburn(+1):( , Rochdale(17/10):( = 10.24/1

Good Luck To All.

Macclesfield continue to be the bane of Pigheads life. Even playing with 10 men they still manage to piss me off. If I didn't know any better I'd swear Ince is havinga laugh at my expense. Still though, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be backing Notts County on Saturday. Theres no way Macclesfield will win that one! NO WAY!

Disappointed with that Bambury result, haven't a clue how they played, just seen the result. Sorry for anybody who followed. Charlton grabbed a late winner to bt Blackburn and mess that bet up as well. Bad night for Pighead.

Points Staked:50
    Points Returned:0
    Points Lost: 50

Advertisement